My new ARIA has arrived.
Dec 22, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #62 of 396
For you (lucky) Aria owners who have received units, what cables come with the Aria? Thanks. Kent

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #63 of 396
are there any Head-fi'er that live near any of the ARIA owners? I'd love to see some ABX testing and possibly a comparison of sources
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #64 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore
For you (lucky) Aria owners who have received units, what cables come with the Aria? Thanks. Kent

A regular power cable (black, 2 m) and a USB 2.0 cable (white, 1.5 m).

Dec 22, 2005 at 9:08 AM Post #65 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby B.
A regular power cable (black, 2 m) and a USB 2.0 cable (white, 1.5 m).

My power cable was white
smily_headphones1.gif
. But it was a 3 pin UK power cable
wink.gif

I am finding my ARIA's runs very cool also.

Dec 22, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #67 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueice
shuurajou,

if you cant get asio for all to setup, try usb-audio driver. It worked for me with total bithead setup.

More impressions pls.

It's more so a case of I don't know to make foobar function with either of those options. Presumably with one option fubar should be configured one way for the most optimized use. However, sadly I have no expeirence in these fields and the short amount of time I've been able to spare searching on the forums has not yet yielded the answer for me.

I have been considering USB-Audio driver & Asio4All - however USBAudio does not list support for the Corda Aria. My main problem is knowing how to configure foobar with asio 4 all.

Dec 22, 2005 at 5:22 PM Post #68 of 396
  • Download ASIO4ALL here
  • Download ASIO Plugin for Foobar here
  • Install Asio4All
  • Un7zip from foo_output_asio foo_output_asio(exe).dll and foo_output_asio(exe).exe to "components" in foobar directory.
  • Launch Foobar
  • In "Preferences", "Playback" : "Output data format : 32 fixed-point"
  • In "Output" : "Output method : ASIO (exe version)"
Working for me with onboard sound chip.
My Aria is on the way :)

Dec 22, 2005 at 10:26 PM Post #69 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by darky_mtp
  • Download ASIO4ALL here
  • Download ASIO Plugin for Foobar here
  • Install Asio4All
  • Un7zip from foo_output_asio foo_output_asio(exe).dll and foo_output_asio(exe).exe to "components" in foobar directory.
  • Launch Foobar
  • In "Preferences", "Playback" : "Output data format : 32 fixed-point"
  • In "Output" : "Output method : ASIO (exe version)"
Working for me with onboard sound chip.
My Aria is on the way :)

Hmmm, considering the ARIA is 16bit, would it be better to use 16 padded to 32? It seems ASIO4ALL will only acccept 32. However, it is working. Quite nicely I might add. Much better than my Audigy 2 now
smily_headphones1.gif
. This could be as a result of some good burn in though.

Dec 22, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #70 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuurajou
Hmmm, considering the ARIA is 16bit, would it be better to use 16 padded to 32? It seems ASIO4ALL will only acccept 32. However, it is working. Quite nicely I might add. Much better than my Audigy 2 now
smily_headphones1.gif
. This could be as a result of some good burn in though.

Now that is what im looking to here, if only more people would tell me how great the DAC sounds then I might be forced to buy it
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
So everyone do the right thing and help me spend my money with good reviews
icon10.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #71 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sisyphos
Ja, das freut mich ebenfalls sehr. Jetzt sind wir (so weit ich weiss) schon zu dritt hier in Duesseldorf. Vielleicht können wir ja bei Gelegenheit mal ein kleines Mini-Meet mit cosmopragma veranstalten.
Sorry guys for the german - just met another member from my town and had to express my joy by answering in this public post.
[/IMG][/URL]

We are more than three in Düsseldorf, we are seven or eight and some more nearby in Duisburg, Wuppertal, Essen.That's more than enough for a mini meet, might be already difficult to find an appropriate location.
Unfortunately I have no real high-end cans and amps anymore, I've sold most of the stuff recently.I should update my profile.
Due to the sales I have a few thousends burning a hole into my pocket, but most probably I will wait until I get to listen to some cans and amps I'm curious about at the Netherland meet.http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=143962
Well, at least I have some DACs to compare the built-in Aria DAC to.

Dec 23, 2005 at 11:12 AM Post #72 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueice
More impressions pls.

Well, yesterday I had the chance to hook it up to my workhorse-early-nineties-Technics CD player. Not exactly high end, but quite good nonetheless. I used some of my favorite Yello tracks for a test drive.

I think wow! is what describes my impressions best. Lots of new details everywhere, airy trebles combined with a wonderfully fast and punchy bases of bass while being musical. No cheap effects to show off, it just plays the music like it is recorded with everything it can find in the signal.

I don‘t have much experience with high end gear, but this is what I have in mind when I remember the $10000+ (loudspeaker) setups I heard at hifi expos.

I‘m rather sure I won‘t need any other amp any more. For me this is all ever wanted and will ever want. (Unless I win the lottery and start collecting amps – but therefore I must buy a ticket first.)

Toddy

Dec 23, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #73 of 396
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
We are more than three in Düsseldorf, we are seven or eight and some more nearby in Duisburg, Wuppertal, Essen.That's more than enough for a mini meet, might be already difficult to find an appropriate location.

Hey, my in-laws live in Wuppertal. Therefore I see a great chance to come as well, I‘m sure my wife will allow me.

Toddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back