My mum say's I need a razor...
May 26, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #31 of 106
I remember when I was a teenager, feeling like I couldn't wait until I started shaving. Now, I'm in my thirties I do anything to avoid having to!

May 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #32 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally am very proud of my slight amount of facial hair, but my mum and the school (some stupid rule invented to destroy our pride) frowns upon it.

She says it must be a decent razor so I don't cut myself. Pff. Philips brand razors are very common here.

Any suggestions?

Congratulations!! You are going from Fraseyboy to Fraseymanhood. And you have an Apache!! A...pache of hair here, A...pache of hair there!!!

May 26, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #34 of 106
I started with electric, and I stopped after using it for maybe a year and a half. I've used a fusion in the past, and I'm now using a Gillette 2 blade, both of which worked just fine. And best of all, they're free.

May 27, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #35 of 106
I used to use an electric. I actually bought a pretty nice Philishave model late last year, then went on a month-long trip and couldn't find a bloody power cable. I've been pretty lazy about shaving lately since I'm working in a lab with various unkempt students, and shaving a few days of stubble off is a lot easier with a razor.

May 27, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #36 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
070104_osama_vlrg_8a.widec.jpg

This guy doesnt shave & if u dont shave like him then u are not a man but a Bully.

So do shave ..lol

I use Gillette razers...

comparing someone a terrorist because they CHOOSE to wear a beard is exceptionally ignorant and offensive to many. As a citizen of a free country he has the right to choose how to do many things. This choice you seek to deprive him of is one of the things that separates free countries from others with obvious religious rule. Ironic about who is being the bully in this matter, dont you think?
r

ulysses-s-grant-national-historic-site-2.jpg

422px-Benjamin_Harrison.jpg

Here are a couple people who committed acts of terrorism and did not wear beards:
506px-John_brown_abo.jpg

executed for his actions, but opponents of slavery in the USA held memorials...
478px-SamuelAdamsLarge.jpeg

300px-J_S_Copley_-_Paul_Revere.jpg

the success of their revolution was the primary thing that spared them execution from what was seen by them to be an occupying and oppressive force.

May 27, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #40 of 106
I used to use a Gillette Mach 3. Great and easy shave with those. I've tried the Wilkinson Sword Quattro and the Gillette Fusion and I dislike them both. I also don't see the advantage in the Mach3 power vibrator and feel no difference in the Mach3 Turbo blade.

I've also used a Wilkinson Sword classic for a while,until the handle snapped. I liked shaving with a single blade classic but it did require more care.

At the minute I'm using 99p for 10 twin blade supermarket brand razors. But I'll be going back to the classic and also picking up a brush while I'm at it.

May 27, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #41 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I use:

almond-conk.jpg

Way better (and cheaper) than that Mach 5 crap.

Nice choice. Col. Conk makes some very fine glycerin shave soaps. My favorite scents are almond and bay rum, plus they are very cheap.

May 27, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #42 of 106
dont use electric razors unless you want to trim.

If you r gonna shave clean, then use a mach 3 or fusion or something bc they get the closest of all and dnt leave razor burn as badly

May 27, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #44 of 106
Ok. For people who have sigs disabled or whatever, I'm 14 so I'm a noob to shaving. I haven't shaved ever.

My mum agrees that electric is superior and I'd end up cutting myself with a manual one. She will pay for the razor so price isn't a problem, unless its like $500. I don't really want to make her pay too much.

But if the manual ones are just as good as electric, may as well get one of them.

May 27, 2008 at 5:13 AM Post #45 of 106
Do yourself a favor and learn to shave now while you're young. You are going to want to anyway when you are older. Also, use some sort of shaving cream or gel. These people saying they don't use one are crazy. In my opinion of course
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back