My Little Pony Discussion thread
Jun 23, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #466 of 779
Well, just saw Equestria Girls, and I was very pleasantly surprised, it was quite good and a lot of fun. There were a bunch of fun references and fan callouts, and some excellent music as usual.

Definitely better than I was anticipating.

Oh, and if you see it definitely watch through the credits.

Maybe if it comes out in the Netherlands I might watch it together with a couple friends in that case.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #468 of 779
In white text even though it's not a spoiler or anything (about the credits): about halfway through the credits they have humanized Derpy dancing with a muffin.

Jun 27, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #475 of 779
Quote:
People tend to get used to these things. Nowadays I just kill intruding red backs with a slipper.

Going to see Equestrian Girls on the Internet this weekend...

Some guy recorded it in 1080p at the cinema. Apparently he hid a camera in a drink can, so it's on youtube now... But that's just one video floating around

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #477 of 779
Does anyone remember the cute little pony homes they used to sell? I don't remember if they came with a pony or not,but mine was in the shape of a perfume bottle and when you squeezed the top it smelled really good.

Jun 29, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #478 of 779
*sigh*

I don't understand the praise for the movie. Maybe it's just because some people responded so negatively at first and now other people feel bad for the creators, I don't know....

It wasn't horrible, it could have been worse. But there isn't a lot great to say about it. They basically copy/pasted these otherwise amazing characters into a human world, pandered to fans of the show with references, forced a cliché high school setting/romance, and tied it all together with a plot that barely works. It was just boring. Nothing fricken happened. The one interesting conflict (the Shop'd photograph) was resolved in literally less than a minute by, of COURSE, the unnecessary love interest Brad (he will always be Brad to me). Even the music, which is usually the show's saving grace, was bland and uninvolving outside of the Cafeteria Song which no one seems to remember (or care about) the real name of because they didn't add anything to the story like they do in the real show. The entire movie, you can just see the items getting checked off of Hasbro's list, which I will at this time refrain from compiling. Real unfortunate....

Like I said, it could have been worse. And I guess there are some things for fans to like and appreciate. But for anyone who doesn't already know these people and why the original show is so amazing, it's just a typical high school movie with a magical twist.

Go collect your money, Hasbro. You earned it.

Jun 30, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #479 of 779
Quote:
*sigh*

I don't understand the praise for the movie. Maybe it's just because some people responded so negatively at first and now other people feel bad for the creators, I don't know....

It wasn't horrible, it could have been worse. But there isn't a lot great to say about it. They basically copy/pasted these otherwise amazing characters into a human world, pandered to fans of the show with references, forced a cliché high school setting/romance, and tied it all together with a plot that barely works. It was just boring. Nothing fricken happened. The one interesting conflict (the Shop'd photograph) was resolved in literally less than a minute by, of COURSE, the unnecessary love interest Brad (he will always be Brad to me). Even the music, which is usually the show's saving grace, was bland and uninvolving outside of the Cafeteria Song which no one seems to remember (or care about) the real name of because they didn't add anything to the story like they do in the real show. The entire movie, you can just see the items getting checked off of Hasbro's list, which I will at this time refrain from compiling. Real unfortunate....

Like I said, it could have been worse. And I guess there are some things for fans to like and appreciate. But for anyone who doesn't already know these people and why the original show is so amazing, it's just a typical high school movie with a magical twist.

Go collect your money, Hasbro. You earned it.

Alright... It wasn't perfect.
The animation wasn't as good as usual eg. the pony's heads at the start when they were walking and some of the facial animations
Also, the characters and story etc wasn't 100% (The high school drama stuff and how they copied the characters from equestria like a parallel universe sort of thing but yeah)
So it wasn't perfect but I still enjoyed it quite a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back