My Little Dot Micro+....
Dec 19, 2006 at 3:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Chops

500+ Head-Fier
I've had this amp going on 2 weeks now (10 days to be precise), and it's still running strong off of the original charge that the previous owner put on it in Texas before shipping it to me.

At 5 hours per day after work, plus a few times that I left it on over night, and once for 36 hours straight, ALL the time with music playing through it and into the MDR-7506's, I have somewhere between 115-130 hours on this charge! That's equal to 5 and a half days straight so far.

The LED hasn't started dimming yet nor has the sound started cutting out. It's still as strong and clear as the day I got it.
basshead.gif

Now I have these power-hungry K701's running off of this amp and it's still pumping out the sound without flinching. In fact, I'm going to keep it running throughout the night and all the way non-stop until 300 hours or so of break-in on the new cans. It will be interesting to see just when exactly this amp finally gives up, and you better believe I'm gonna be keeping count of the hours!

I'm starting to believe that this thing is nuclear powered!!!
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 28
The circuit is so insanely simple that with the conservative chip it uses there is not reason it shouldn't run quite a while.

Dec 19, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #6 of 28
Man, there's gotta be a forum rule for whenever someone talks about their own gear, they gotta include pics. I've seen the LDM+ countless times already but who doesn't like looking at photos of audio gear??
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, there's gotta be a forum rule for whenever someone talks about their own gear, they gotta include pics. I've seen the LDM+ countless times already but who doesn't like looking at photos of audio gear??
eggosmile.gif
eggosmile.gif

Boy-o-boy, you really don't know the can of worms you just opened up with me. I'm the king of "taking pictures of everything and posting them all". LOL
tongue.gif

Ask and you shall receive... And yes, I realise I have a dust and cat hair problem.
biggrin.gif

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:10 AM Post #8 of 28
I have a LDM+ and it's small, good sounding, cheap, and it runs over 200 hours on a single charge, but it's an amp good only for low/mid impedance phones with high sensitivity...

You are not doing justice to those K701s by using them with an LDM+
You should get a more powerful amp to drive them (701s need more current to express at their best)
580smile.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:35 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You are not doing justice to those K701s by using them with an LDM+
You should get a more powerful amp to drive them (701s need more current to express at their best)
580smile.gif

Yes, I know this.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 28
This is going to sound totally noob, but what are the (basic) differences between the LDM and LDM+? Other than the + etched on the front bezel...

I think this whole time I've been using the two names interchangeably, and I may have been besmirching the + when I was talking about the basic LDM.

Dec 19, 2006 at 4:29 PM Post #11 of 28
do we need 200+ hours?
the circuit design of LDM+ is soooooo simple. if it use a small battery, the battery life time maybe around 50 hours, but i think the dimension can be much smaller.

Dec 19, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is going to sound totally noob, but what are the (basic) differences between the LDM and LDM+? Other than the + etched on the front bezel...

I think this whole time I've been using the two names interchangeably, and I may have been besmirching the + when I was talking about the basic LDM.

I don't think they sell the LDM anymore. All the LDM+ are the one's being talked about now, and they all don't have a + etched on the front bezel. I bought mine from the source as well...

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IMG_2486.jpg

Noooo, not a stereo RCA-mini adapter with the Analog Two! That's just...wrong.
tongue.gif
Why not get an Analog Mini?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The original LDM was a AAA-battery powered amp and didn't have a plug for an AC adapter. Here's a pic:

xbd-mini04.jpg

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #14 of 28
Thanks for the clarification, Asr!

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #15 of 28
This is a very nice little amp...my only complaint is the volume knob could use some knurl on it or a rubber coating. It is so close to theinput plug that it is hard to turn with light precision. I was thinking of trying to find a rubber o-ring that fits snugly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back