My Little Dot Micro+....
Dec 19, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Noooo, not a stereo RCA-mini adapter with the Analog Two! That's just...wrong.
tongue.gif
Why not get an Analog Mini?
biggrin.gif

Since I'm going to be going with a desktop tube amp eventually, I don't to go to the expense of getting an Analog Mini. Besides, that RCA-mini adapter is the finest piece of plastic with gold plated metal Rat Shack has to offer. That and the fact that I've had that thing sitting around the house for years! LOL
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by reivaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you like the sound of it chops?

The little amp sounds amazingly good! I have no complaints, well, except for the small one mentioned below.
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a very nice little amp...my only complaint is the volume knob could use some knurl on it or a rubber coating. It is so close to theinput plug that it is hard to turn with light precision. I was thinking of trying to find a rubber o-ring that fits snugly.

Actually, I find this rather annoying as well. Oh well, a small price to pay for good sound.

Dec 20, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #19 of 28
=。=

Dec 20, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #20 of 28
Mm hmm, mm hmm. Nice watch. Nice monitors. You have succeeded with your photos and now I envy you.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #21 of 28
"you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them."

Make music not war. Maybe throw a LD M+ and then go and collect it

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mm hmm, mm hmm. Nice watch. Nice monitors. You have succeeded with your photos and now I envy you.
rs1smile.gif

Oh please don't. The watch is a $50 Seiko Automatic that I bought off eBay a year or so ago that works perfectly fine sitting on my desk, but the minute I put it on, it stops running every 10-15 minutes and I have to thump it to get it going again, and the the monitors are some no-names, Pixo 17" and DCLCD 19". Trust me, they're nothing special.

However, I will accept a complement or two on my photographic skills.
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make music not war. Maybe throw a LD M+ and then go and collect it

Or throw an SR71 at someones head and cause a concussion.

Dec 24, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #24 of 28
Well I am happy to announce that after 255 hours, the output and LED of the mightly LDM+ started cutting out due to low battery power!!

Can you believe that?! 255 freakin' hours of use, and 125 hours of that powering a pair of current hungry AKG K701's with the volume control at the 3 o'clock position non-stop since Monday evening! I already had 130+ hours on it from powering my MDR-7506's for a couple of weeks before the AKG's arrived.

Believe it or not, it was not rock music or heavy bass notes that got the amp to start cutting out, but yet the single voice of Julianne Baird singing Amarilli from "Songs of Love and War" on The Dorian Collection Sampler Vol. III CD.

On a side note, I have read about others listening to this amp while plugged into the wall-wart and hearing hiss/noise in the background. Well, I have the LDM+ plugged in right now charging, and I hear absolute silence just like running off the battery! This is of course a good thing.

BTW, does anyone know if the battery still charges even while the amp is running? I certainly hope so, because I would like to keep the K701's breaking-in and me being able to listen to them.
340smile.gif

Dec 25, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #26 of 28
Dont worry pork chops. Im still reading. Maybe you just need a dash of steaxauce to flavor up the thread.

look what the little tube people brewed up

Lol looks like the first real amp from little tube..
I still like the ldm+ for what it is though- so called "wire with gain." The box thing's battery life is much lower, and at around 100 bucks it is no longer very budget...
Im sure the c&c box is much more colored than the ldm+ also..

Dec 25, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Janus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont worry pork chops. Im still reading. Maybe you just need a dash of steaxauce to flavor up the thread.

look what the little tube people brewed up

Lol looks like the first real amp from little tube..
I still like the ldm+ for what it is though- so called "wire with gain." The box thing's battery life is much lower, and at around 100 bucks it is no longer very budget...
Im sure the c&c box is much more colored than the ldm+ also..

I didn't see any prices on that web page, did you contact them? It also doesn't say what circuit & components are used. Am I correct that the 3 switches are: Mid Boost, Bass Boost & Crossfeed?

Dec 25, 2006 at 5:25 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by billybob_jcv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't see any prices on that web page, did you contact them? It also doesn't say what circuit & components are used. Am I correct that the 3 switches are: Mid Boost, Bass Boost & Crossfeed?

I think there is a thread about this amp... search and you will find it.. talks about the price and components and stuff... I just hope someone with a LDM+ will actually get one of these for a comparison..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back