my Laptop is running HD650 Pretty Loud, doesnt need amp
Nov 11, 2012 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Couch Potato

Head-Fier
Im surprised my laptop Acer 8930G(4 year old laptop) is running my sennheiser HD650 very loud without an amp, but ive already ordered the asgard + bifrost combo.

hope the combo is going to be a big improvement or else i have to return the schiit products for a full refund.

and hope you guys wont convince me to buy a Lyr if asgard has no noticeable difference : (

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #2 of 4
You will most probably notice a difference in SQ! When I first got my HD 650 I paired it up with only my X-Fi Titanium HD, and it was loud enough to blow my ears out. But when I threw in a Fiio E9 between the X-Fi and my HD 650 it sounded a lot better. The bass were a lot tighter and the overall SQ were improved.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 4
It probably will not improve the sound much. You might think it does at first because you spent a lot of money on them. It certainly won't make the bass "tighter". For high impedance headphones, the purpose of an amplifier is to simply increase the voltage swing to make headphones loud enough.

If your laptop output has audible distortion or a poor frequency response, then there will be an improvement. But this is not often the case.

see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627799/high-impedance-headphones-need-a-dedicated-amp-to-sound-good-please-can-we-kill-this-myth

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
It probably will not improve the sound much. You might think it does at first because you spent a lot of money on them. It certainly won't make the bass "tighter". For high impedance headphones, the purpose of an amplifier is to simply increase the voltage swing to make headphones loud enough.

If your laptop output has audible distortion or a poor frequency response, then there will be an improvement. But this is not often the case.

see this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/627799/high-impedance-headphones-need-a-dedicated-amp-to-sound-good-please-can-we-kill-this-myth

well i like to keep it simple. if i dont like it then ill return the product for full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back