My Koss KSC-35's arrived today
Apr 26, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #31 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by stan23
ProFingerSk8er-

HONESTLY, how do you think these compare to your $100 Eggos? Be honest here
smily_headphones1.gif

cant say anything yet, still burning in my koss. but straght out of box, koss sounds better. my D66 required over 32hours of burn-in.
but as of right now.....koss defently has deeper bass, but my d66 still have clearer hights
im sure this will change after a day of burn-in....lets wait and see
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2003 at 10:34 PM Post #32 of 68
Quote:

but straght out of box, koss sounds better

Thanks! after some more listening, you will feel even more strongly about that statement.

Apr 26, 2003 at 10:35 PM Post #33 of 68
Nice arn't they? Sound great to these 42 yr old ears. I ordered another two pairs. I travel alot. I can see now my Eggos are gonna be put away for awhile.

Apr 26, 2003 at 10:58 PM Post #34 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
koss defently has deeper bass, but my d66 still have clearer hights
im sure this will change after a day of burn-in....

You mean that after having listened to music with KSC 35 the sound quality changes? It becomes better, doesnt it?

Apr 26, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #35 of 68
I've been thinking about ordering a pair but I don't know if there is enough of a diffrence between them and the porta pro's to warrant a purchase. If anyone owns both I would love to hear your feedback on the diffrence between the two as far as sound wise.

Apr 26, 2003 at 11:11 PM Post #36 of 68
go for them skyles, the name ksc-35 already worth $30, and you will love them more for the sound

Apr 26, 2003 at 11:18 PM Post #37 of 68
Well i guess you cant really go wrong for $30 bucks, but my wife is gonna freak if she see's yet another pair of headphones being delivered by the ups man.

Apr 26, 2003 at 11:29 PM Post #38 of 68
I'm a portapro man and have ordered a pair of ksc-35's as well so I'll be sure to let everyone in on my impressions.

Other people just don't understand our hobby.
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #40 of 68
I have both the PortaPro and the KSC-35. My first impression after comparing the two are that the PortaPro has louder, deeper bass and is a bit louder overall. The KSC-35 might be a little more balanced. The fit is a matter of personal choice. I have owned the PortaPro's for a couple of years and I just received the KSC-35's so that may be a factor in my preference, but I prefer the PortaPro sound. I like deeper bass. I like the fit of the PortaPro. I do realize that opinion may be in contrast to most you will read in this forum.

Apr 27, 2003 at 12:38 AM Post #41 of 68
woohoo! i just got them today too via USPS mail. looks like most people who ordered them when news first broke out received them today.

anyway, these are great. so light yet awesome sound. the bass is definitely much more prominent than the d66. These things have a very fun, musical sound to them.

also on a side note, i tried the KSC-50s again today and they fit me very well. I get similar sound with the KSC-50s but they hang much looser on the ears and are heavier, so the KSC-35s are definitely better in terms of fit. you can't go wrong with either, I'd say.

I am amazed at how thin these are, they just took the drivers and added clips to them!

Apr 27, 2003 at 1:09 AM Post #43 of 68
I got mine today - wow, very impressive for a portable can. Best I've heard out of any portable headphone, and any headphone in this price range too. Good investment, I needed something for "on the go"
biggrin.gif

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back