My Koss KSC-35's arrived today
Apr 27, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #46 of 68
Mine just arrived yesterday. They sound kinda rough just like when I first got my grado sr60's. Is there some kind of mp3 that I can play for a couple hours to break them in faster?

Apr 27, 2003 at 8:19 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by shaoyeh
Mine just arrived yesterday. They sound kinda rough just like when I first got my grado sr60's. Is there some kind of mp3 that I can play for a couple hours to break them in faster?

Throw all the music you listen to the most into a playlist and leave it on repeat. That should do the trick.

Apr 28, 2003 at 7:05 AM Post #48 of 68
Let me be the first to say.... please show up today. I was one of the first to order (though the on again, off again shipping charges may have delayed shipment).

Now if those free Sennheisers come by the end of the week also...

Apr 28, 2003 at 7:39 PM Post #50 of 68
Mine got here today also. Agree with you JAG. Returned my PX200's a month ago. Hoping these would be a better replacement. Are.

Apr 28, 2003 at 8:59 PM Post #51 of 68
It just warms my heart to hear all the people happy with their KSC-35
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #53 of 68
Thanks all! My wife just told me that there was a package at home from Koss... Arrgghhh!!! Having a little software issue that's keeping me at work instead of heading home to try these out!

BTW: I ordered on 4/23-24 and they arrived today. You may not be too late to grab a pair.

Thanks for the recommendation all!

Bruce

Apr 28, 2003 at 9:59 PM Post #54 of 68
Got mine today. Man, they really seem flimsy and delicate! They sound fine but will have to be handled carefully.

I was also charged the $6.00 shipping. I e-mailed Koss and Valerie said she would credit my card for the shipping.

Apr 28, 2003 at 11:00 PM Post #55 of 68
LOL....i went to school with my brand new koss ksc-35 today...5 minutes after...one of my friend came up to me and asked "hey brandon, why are you wearing $2 headphones?!"
LOL....i took my 35s off my ears and stick them on his ears...shuts him up in less than 2 second
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2003 at 11:10 PM Post #56 of 68
The secretary brought mine by this afternoon. She will be a convert soon. She told me some more headphones arrived before handing over the package. A couple of months ago my Philips 963 was delivered and I hooked it up for a day at work. She heard it through the Cosmic and Porta pros. Her jaw dropped. She said she had never heard anything so clear and detailed. I told her I would bring it back someday with my HD-600's and give her a real treat.

Apr 29, 2003 at 12:48 PM Post #57 of 68
Just received these cans yesterday. Without any burn-in, my initial impressions are....

[size=medium]AWESOME!![/size]

Started off with some John Lee Hooker, Best of Friends. Thought, dang! These things are MADE for the blues!

Next up Suzanne Vega. Dang! These things are MADE for Suzanne Vega!

Then came Tool (Lateralus). Dang! These things are MADE for Tool!

When I first started perusing this site, the near universal recommendation for starter phones was KSC35. Now I understand why.

Without burn-in, they are not the most detailed phones, the bass is deep but a bit loose (enjoyable actually), treble is a bit bright/splashy (not bad... in fact, similar to what one would likely hear at a live, amplified show). There is definately something about the sound of these litte clip-phones that is very engaging and fun.

Thanks for the recommendations!!!

Bruce

Apr 29, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #59 of 68
Yup. I'm in Canada and I got mine today. I used the coupon code, and according to the invoice, I wasn't charged any shipping. I'm also surprised that I didn't pay any taxes or handling (usually customs will charge me those when I get stuff from the U.S.).

I'm a little bit concerned about my KSC-35s because the left headphone/clipping is loose whereas the right one is tight. I'll make another thread to see what people have to say about this.

Apr 30, 2003 at 9:33 AM Post #60 of 68
Well I've been happily enjoying my KSC-35's today. Anyway, I was enjoying them so much that I decided to test how they fare against my Portapros, so mid-song I took the KSC-35's off and switched with the Portapros, not expecting much of a difference.

WHOA! Holy @$#!~ what a crazy amount of bass! I had to double check that I hadn't turned on any equalizer settings or anything (like bass +10!
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, just thought I'd note that from preliminary listening the KSC-35's are much better and more balanced than the Portapros for my tastes. The Portapros sound muddy and indistinct in comparison. I never would've thought!
eek.gif
We'll see how things turn out but...daaaymn.
biggrin.gif
No wonder those KSC-35's sounded so good.

Is it the fit? The mood? The fact that it's 2:30 am?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back