My Koss KSC-35's arrived today
Apr 30, 2003 at 12:54 PM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Well I've been happily enjoying my KSC-35's today. Anyway, I was enjoying them so much that I decided to test how they fare against my Portapros, so mid-song I took the KSC-35's off and switched with the Portapros, not expecting much of a difference.

WHOA! Holy @$#!~ what a crazy amount of bass! I had to double check that I hadn't turned on any equalizer settings or anything (like bass +10!
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, just thought I'd note that from preliminary listening the KSC-35's are much better and more balanced than the Portapros for my tastes. The Portapros sound muddy and indistinct in comparison. I never would've thought!
eek.gif
We'll see how things turn out but...daaaymn.
biggrin.gif
No wonder those KSC-35's sounded so good.

Is it the fit? The mood? The fact that it's 2:30 am?

I guess you can see now why I never liked the portapros with the over-the-top boomy bass and hardly any treble to speak of
wink.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 1:23 PM Post #62 of 68
Lol. one thing is that.. koss makes a pretty low profile can.. ksc-35.. when people look at you, they will be thinking 'man.. is that a $2 phone?he should have tried my sony man..'
but their sony sound like **** in comparison...

I would rather wear something low profile, note low profile is different from ugly, rather than to wear something nice but sounds nothing like my $2 earphone..
Afterall we are head-fiers looking for the best sound for the buck rite?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 30, 2003 at 6:09 PM Post #63 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by Guyferd
Lol. one thing is that.. koss makes a pretty low profile can.. ksc-35.. when people look at you, they will be thinking 'man.. is that a $2 phone?he should have tried my sony man..'
but their sony sound like **** in comparison...

I would rather wear something low profile, note low profile is different from ugly, rather than to wear something nice but sounds nothing like my $2 earphone..
Afterall we are head-fiers looking for the best sound for the buck rite?
very_evil_smiley.gif

More low-profile than the Portapros with their metal headband and blue drivers
very_evil_smiley.gif
Easy to put in your pocket or throw in a bag to...more so than the ball the Portapros fold into.

I think I've been converted to Team KSC-35...me, speaking out against my Portapros, I can't believe it!
tongue.gif

May 12, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #65 of 68
If I were to order a pair within the next couple of day (I live in Toronto, Canada), how much would they come to (ie. how much is shipping and texes etc...) and how long would it take them to arrive? Do they take months to ship?

Because I'm going on a trip somewhere in only 2 weeks, and I don't want to take my Grados with me.

Should I just pick up some Porta Pros instead, or are they really inferior to the KSC 35s?

May 12, 2003 at 7:49 AM Post #67 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster

[size=xx-small]postcount++[/size]

not too lucky are you ?
tongue.gif

crosses fingers

redface.gif

edit: looks like theres no grey
frown.gif