My Koss KSC-35's arrived today
Apr 24, 2003 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 68
you mean the one with the strings which close the top? or the smaller one that has a slit up top to slide the headphones into?

how do they sound
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 3:41 PM Post #3 of 68
I ordered on the 17th, still haven't received.. very possible they are here already though - the post office people in my dorm are pretty slow.

-dd3mon

Apr 24, 2003 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 68
Lucky you, bubsdaddy! Are they worth all of the hype we read about them here? I know all of the happy KSC35 users here on Head-Fi can't be wrong.
biggrin.gif

I ordered them on 4/19, got the order confirmation email but they still haven't charged my credit card so I am getting a bit worried, especially after reading this post by Retentivehearing:

"They sent me this... Maybe it was because I was trying to get my broken Ksc-35's replaced, but I also sent in an order to purchase seperately, so take what you will from this information.

"Thank you for contacting Koss Stereophones.

I am sorry, but we had a very limited number of KSC/35 for sale and they were gone within the first two days. We are considering the possibility of bringing the KSC/35 back on a limited basis, if we do, we will then be able to replace your KSC/35 with another KSC/35. I am sorry that we are unable to reserve one for you now."

Take from this what you will, they could just be saying NO WAY to me politely too.."

frown.gif
I'm hoping I don't get home this afternoon to find a similar email from Koss waiting for me.

Apr 24, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #7 of 68
I had them sent to my work address and all I have to listen to right now are the mp3's on my IPAQ. But, for the limitations of my source and material I have just one thing to say.....

DUDE!!!!!!!!!

Deep bass, great midrange and highs, deep bass, comfort, the drawstring bag will carry nicely in my laptop side pocket (better than the PortaPro) deep bass, impact, deep bass, very clear vocals (VInce Gill - When I call Your Name) and Deep bass. Oh, and deep bass.

I think a comparison between the PortaPro, KSC-35, and the KSC-50 is in order. Come to think of it, didn't I read one here already?

Apr 24, 2003 at 6:36 PM Post #8 of 68
One more thing. As I stated in a previous post I screwed up and wound up ordering 2 pairs. I could probably be persuaded to part with one for what I paid plus exact shipping cost if this offer is truly over. Otherwise you would be better off ordering from Koss and getting the free shipping. The nice lady I spoke with at Koss said to return the second pair and they would issue me a credit to my card. But, in the spirit of this forum, and because of our mutual addiction to great sound for little money, maybe I should keep them for a forum member? I suppose there are more destructive addictions than headphones.

Apr 24, 2003 at 6:40 PM Post #9 of 68
Free shipping doesn't work anymore, at least it didn't for me
frown.gif

OakIris: Where did you read that? It's making me worry
frown.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 68
Are you sure? I have yet to see anyone report they were actually charged shipping. People are reporting that even though their email confirmation showed shipping charges of $6 they weren't charged shipping on their credit card.

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:01 PM Post #11 of 68
Quote:

Originally posted by bubsdaddy
Are you sure? I have yet to see anyone report they were actually charged shipping. People are reporting that even though their email confirmation showed shipping charges of $6 they weren't charged shipping on their credit card.

I'll check but it didn't show any recognition of the coupon or of a discount and added $6 to the total on the checkout and e-mail.

Apr 25, 2003 at 5:58 PM Post #15 of 68
I just finished talking with a Koss CSR, she told me that delivery was being done by UPS and that it would take 5 to 7 days for delivery. *Shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeezzzzzzzeeeee!!!!!*

So those of you that ordered your new KSC-35's, last week on Thurs April 17th, or Friday April 18th, or Saturday April 19th should be getting your earphones now, on Sat, or on Mon. If you have any doubts call KOSS.

KOSS had e-mailed me reguarding my KSC-35 order, I IMMEDIATELY e-mailed them back, but by talking to the CSR today she checked my order and said that I had not responded so they were holding my order. AHHHHHHGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
frown.gif
So I told them that I did indeed respond back to them reguarding my order. Then the CSR said that they have been backlogged with orders and have had a tremendous amount of e-mail's being sent to them that they are trying to get back to everybody as much as possible but they are behind.

So if your CC has been charged and you ordered last THURS, FRI, SAT you should be recieving your order now and tomorrow. I don't think that this applies to International orders, sorry.

Lates!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back