My jh-3a+jh16 need help picking out my artwork !! warning 56k
Sep 30, 2010 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

wazzupi

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Pulling out the Head-Fi muscle
Hi I've got 3 mock ups only 2 with pics at the moment the themes are from the same anime *gurren lagann* I asked for the flaming skull with the glasses(image 2) for this one he said he can do it so it might look a little better but I can't decide or maybe I should just get this the third images posted on both sides ?

this on both sides of my iem's XD

Sep 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #2 of 31
Unlike the mockups you're not going to get that color density and proper contrast etched straight on a translucent shell without a solid (titanium, plain acrylic or carbon-fiber) insert or going for solid color.  Against a translucent background like that the colors will look a lot more washed out in real-life.

Suggest that you visit their FB page and check out both their album or fan photos of actual artwork samples.

Anime cartoon artwork for example look awesome on Whiteboy Solid.

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 31
I like the idea of the 3rd (last image) design on both sides.

Sep 30, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #5 of 31
Am I just too much of a geek in preferring no artwork? Just a simple smoky/dark grey translucent shell - so you can see the innards without the IEMs screaming "hey, look at the bling!"
rolleyes.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #7 of 31
It's about making it truly yours, I suppose, and it's fun coming up with a cool design.  They are so recessed when being worn you can hardly see them anyway unless from a really close distance.  I have no artwork planned for the JH-3A 16s, just different colored translucent shells to tell them apart easier.

Sep 30, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 31
I just had an idea what about making the mech a solid black color shell and the pic of the guy's back showing the skull white shell ? I think it could come out pretty sick. XD

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #11 of 31
It carves the emblem on the outside surface of the shell instead of having it printed inside it onto a faceplate inserted just below the molded acrylic surface.  Zac@JHA can explain the pros and cons behind each option.

Oct 1, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #12 of 31
I don't know sir, do you really want everyone who sees your jh16's to assume that you're a casual Gainax fan who just used imagery from their latest hit? Wouldn't you rather have them recognize an icon from Gunbuster, Wings of Honneamise, or even better the Daicon IV opening animation?

Trust me, people are going to think much more highly of you with Japanese illustrations of bunny girls in your ears. (especially when they realize the reference to the 1983 short)

If this is still somehow not to your tastes you should consider using images of Hideaki Anno's face to frighten anyone who glances at your ears. Finding even this objectionable you will be beyond my helping and will just have to use the cool looking Gurren Lagann logo. (To compensate for the lack of fandom a large tattoo of Rei Ayanami on your back will be required along with the JH16's)

Oct 1, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #13 of 31
@Otakusound
dt880smile.png

If i'm getting another custom, will opt for Earth Federation and Zeon logo etched on one side. My current custom is clear blue and it's getting boring lol

Oct 1, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #15 of 31
lol sorry but that would be kinda weird otaku XD. I would use evangelion but it's already taken
frown.gif
and using that last image didn't come out too good... it's because of the flames on the side really made the flaming skull too small. I think I'm going with the 1st image. But I'm thinking of having simon (guy facing away from you with the flaming skull on his back) into a white shell *solid* and maybe a black shell for the mech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back