My Ikea $79.99 glass cabinet for my headphones. now with doraemon
Nov 1, 2010 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

furyagain

500+ Head-Fier
I have been trying to find a place to put my headphones with my mug trees( the stand that i used for headphones

I think i found a better way  for myself to place my headphones..

( now i will need to get some shorter stand for my headphones for inside this cabient.

Now with doraemon

I am going to find some headphones stand which can fit inside each slot..!!!
then i can have two headphones in each space.. then it is idea!!

Nov 1, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 40
Wow, that's nice. Like a Museum of Headphones. Beautiful. [Hope the wife likes it
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Nov 1, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #3 of 40
It is ok..!!!

My wife was helping me setting it up
and she know i am getting the LCD-2 too!!!!

this is why i need to get some headphones
so i can put more headphones in it

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 40
I see you place the more expensive ones towards the top ;p

I like it.  A friend of mine uses similar to show off his model kits and figures, so this is a nice touch.

There's also plenty of room to add in headphone stands if you ever wanted to go that route.

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 40
I do want to add headphones stands, something nice looking..
Was looking at ebay,
they are like 89 to 300 dollars lol

seems like this  is the cheapest and look not bad..
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-audio-technica-headphone-stand-AT-HPS500-/110457248199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19b7c3d9c7

lol but getting 4 of them already like 350

don;t know if i should go that way..

( need to find something cheaper alternative)

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 40
I think i will get
the 29 dollars stand from wooaudio

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wahps.html
get 6 of them.
they are not too expensive and light( 1lb)

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #8 of 40
That's the problem with headstands.  So pricey for some of them.  The only proper one I have came with my Stax.

The diy headphone stand thread is quite nice as there are some really nifty made ones.

My fiancée once showed me a headstand that was selling for around $200 or $300 in Japan but looked exactly like a banana holder.  I quite like some banana holders as a design.

The Audio Technica ones are nice.  I prefer the double headphone stand over the single, but I have a thing for symmetry.

If you're into busts or figures those might be a great way to display two hobbies in one case.

Nov 1, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #9 of 40
LOL 

i do have some gundam model,

what do you think of the single headphones stand from wooaudio.. which is 29 dollars each..

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #10 of 40
I actually prefer those better just because they're plainer.  When I display something I prefer to give more attention to what's on display than the display itself.

If a Gundam could properly hold one that could be awesome.  I'm also in the DIY camp and like wood work so I do have my own bias for wooden stands.  I don't think any of the stands you are looking at are bad at all.  But if it's a stop gap measure, it might not be bad to go a little cheap till you find something you really like later on.

Though the way it's displayed now is not bad whatsoever.  I really like the care you took with laying them out and coiling the cables.  It reminds me of displays in some audio stores.  
beerchug.gif

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:08 AM Post #12 of 40
Thanks

the reason why i want to have some stands..

is
I am going to receive a LCD-2
and who knows what i will be getting later lol
then i will have to put two headphones in each space..

that wooaudio stands is just 1 lb each, which is really idea for this use///
I nearly ordered them 2 minutes ago.
total will be 217us included shippign for buying 6 of them,,, should i??? should i ???

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #13 of 40
Region2

I just updated some pictures,

lol

I added three sound card in the back .. going to use something as background, ( i know none of these headphones should be drive by the sound card, but good background, not using any of them anyway)
X-Fi xtrememusic
audigy 4
X-fi surround USB

I will think of something else later.>

going to find some gundam model in the storage later.

Nov 1, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #15 of 40
I got a stand from Jaben (Crossroads) originally for my HD 650s which works quite well. Unfortunately, it does not work for the LCD-2s as the cups naturally come together which means they clamp the stand. So I just lay them down on soft material as it seems like it would be better then to have pressure on the headband when not in use.

Something to think about perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back