My Ideal Breakfast
Sep 29, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 52
Toasted Bread with Avocado and Eggs... yum!

Whats yours?
Funny that you mention that because I eat exactly that for breakfast currently for health reasons. I think Avacados go well with eggs. I started eating this breakfast combo for health reasons because I've read that Avacado is one of the most nutrition dense fruit(although the taste is more vegetable) there is. It does get a bit mundane if you keep eating the same stuff all the time though.

If health was out of the picture, I would eat higher sodium and fat content breakfast, like hearty farmer's breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hashbrown. I just love good O' American breakfast.

I also luv omelettes, and it's really good if there are good mixture of ingredients in it.

Actually, I luv various breakfast skillets. One of the most interesting restaurants I've been served various type of breakfast skillets.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 52
Funny that you mention that because I eat exactly that for breakfast currently for health reasons. I think Avacados go well with eggs. I started eating this breakfast combo for health reasons because I've read that Avacado is one of the most nutrition dense fruit(although the taste is more vegetable) there is. It does get a bit mundane if you keep eating the same stuff all the time though.

If health was out of the picture, I would eat higher sodium and fat content breakfast, like hearty farmer's breakfast. Pancakes, bacon, eggs, and hashbrown. I just love good O' American breakfast.

I also luv omelettes, and it's really good if there are good mixture of ingredients in it.

Actually, I luv various breakfast skillets. One of the most interesting restaurants I've been served various type of breakfast skillets.

cooked on a cast iron pan thats oil soaked .... LOL reminds me of my uncle johns cooking, he would never wash that cast iron pan

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 52
cooked on a cast iron pan thats oil soaked .... LOL reminds me of my uncle johns cooking, he would never wash that cast iron pan
I luv my cast iron pan. It's just great to cook steak on it, which is another nutritionally dense food out there, but there are caveats for health as well.

I don't wash it either. At least not like I'd wash a dish with soap and water (because soap water will eat through the coating that was layered over many cookings). I wipe it off with paper towel and rinse it. You're not suppose to wash cast iron, but keep a coating on it, which get natural coatings from the build up from cookings.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #6 of 52
Normally. it's Earl Gray and some fruit or oatmeal, but they say I've lost too much weight/working out too much. So, hey, 4 scrambled eggs (in butter, of course) and a giant plate of french fries! Yum!

Oct 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 52
Crisp bacon, pork sausages, home fries w/ onions, three eggs sunny side up w/ salt and pepper & two orders of french bread buttered toast w/ a big cup of arabica bean coffee w/ cream.

Oct 10, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #9 of 52
Crisp bacon, pork sausages, home fries w/ onions, three eggs sunny side up w/ salt and pepper & two orders of french bread buttered toast w/ a big cup of arabica bean coffee w/ cream.
How about some Poutine for breakfast Bob? I don't know how Avacado would taste on fries. We eat hashbrown, so fries would an interesting ingrediant mixed with all sorts of stuff. Generally though, I see the purpose of fries to be crisp. You add gravy to it, it defeats this purpose.

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #10 of 52
How about some Poutine for breakfast Bob? I don't know how Avacado would taste on fries. We eat hashbrown, so fries would an interesting ingrediant mixed with all sorts of stuff. Generally though, I see the purpose of fries to be crisp. You add gravy to it, it defeats this purpose.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I don't like poutine & am not fond of avocado either. The home fries I'm talking about are diced cooked potatoes fried in a pan with onions. You can add olive oil or butter. I prefer the oil.

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #11 of 52
I would say barbecued beef (sliced), potato salad, some jalapenos and a couple bottles of beer.

Alternatively, cold pizza leftover from the night before, a Greek salad, and a couple of bottles of beer.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #13 of 52
Sweet Potato Egg Boats
sweetpotatoeggboats.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back