My Ideal Breakfast
Nov 21, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #46 of 52
I also like southern country breakfast, ham, eggs, grits, and biscuits

southern-country-breakfast.jpg

Nov 21, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #47 of 52
The Southern style breakfast with the white gravy, biscuits and some type of meat is a popular fun classic. Kind of reminds me of truck drivers driving into a small town and having the meal in a casual road side restaurant.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #50 of 52
Ah yes, NYC. Gotta love those quick breakfast sandwiches and even a simple bagel is wondrous to the soul on a cold Monday.

A popular breakfast meat in New Jersey is pork roll or also known as Taylor ham. People like it on their bagels, sandwiches etc...it’s a northern east coast thing. Brings back memories

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #51 of 52
Ah yes, NYC. Gotta love those quick breakfast sandwiches and even a simple bagel is wondrous to the soul on a cold Monday.

A popular breakfast meat in New Jersey is pork roll or also known as Taylor ham. People like it on their bagels, sandwiches etc...it’s a northern east coast thing. Brings back memories
I have heard of pork roll but never had the chance. Been told its similar to Spam.

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #52 of 52
I have heard of pork roll but never had the chance. Been told its similar to Spam.

It’s kind of like Spam but closer to ham. If you live in the New York/New Jersey/ Philadelphia area, you should be able to find it in a local supermarket, diner or bagel shop. Sometimes they don’t call it pork roll and just call it Taylor ham probably because it sounds more respectable.

I used to have a friend who always had it in his refrigerator and pan fried it with his morning eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back