MY HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY
Dec 6, 2001 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
To begin with: You now have SEVEN days to mail your Head-Fi Holiday Exchange gift.
cool.gif

Whoever convinces me in 300 words or less what is the best film of all time wins the cd that I am not sending to Jude this exchange (a furtive buy). Lucky for you guys I got a good bonus this year!

The Prize: A new, unopened CD shipped at my expense.

But what cd?

mERry XmAs. Deadline for all head-fiers and other strange people is Dec. 10 at 10pm EST.

Dec 7, 2001 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 27
the best movie EVER is... Puff the Magic Dragon!! And thats only because of the sinister viewpoint from which one might accuse it of infecting childrens minds with the desire to smoke pot and hallucinate!! It's one of the few early movies that I can firmly say sets out deliberately to mess with peoples heads on a subliminal level by galavanting as something it obviously is not... And pulling it off so well that most people still view it as what it was meant to be viewed as not what it actually IS.

Dec 7, 2001 at 4:30 PM Post #3 of 27
The best movie ever? I don't need 300 words to explain, you just have to watch it and you'll agree.

The Godfather PII,

Breath taking in scope,
Doesn't look in anyway dated even after 27 years,
The only sequal ever to win the best picture Oscar.

And not forgetting PI and PIII, they are all good.

That is until The Lord of the Rings trilogy comes out.

Dec 7, 2001 at 5:10 PM Post #7 of 27
One Word:

BRAZIL

ok,
erix

Dec 7, 2001 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 27
The best movie of all time is Dr. Stragelove.

This movie marvelously combines nuclear war with amazingly deep comedy. It is a movie one laughs at even though the subject matter is not something to laugh about. The sardonic look this movie takes at doomsday makes it a classic, but it?s execution is what I feel makes it worthy to be in the top five best comedies according to the AFI http://www.afionline.org . Directed by Stanley Kubrick, this a must-see, and in my opinion the best movie ever. Where else do you get lines such as "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Dec 7, 2001 at 9:53 PM Post #9 of 27
Sorry, but I'm afraid that the best movie of all times cannot be determined yet because that particular period (all times) has not ended yet and depending on the nature of the time/space continuum perhaps never will. I suppose a good compromise might be judging just before mankind has paid the debt of nature, faded away, gone belly up. The last earth dweller would have to grab a really big box of beer and snacks and watch all movies ever produced and then give the final judgement. I already pity him for having to watch all the Rocky movies, poor soul...
OTOH, we might as well discuss the best movie so far: The Matrix
biggrin.gif
This movie has stunning martial arts, revolutionary F/X and a mindboggling story that has much more to it than the average viewer will ever perceive. These Wachowski brothers are true geniuses. If it didn't have that crappy hollywood style happy end, I'd nominate it for best movie of all times right now
smily_headphones1.gif

-----
[this space intentionally left blank]

Dec 7, 2001 at 10:16 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by pawwh98
Sorry, but I'm afraid that the best movie of all times cannot be determined yet because that particular period (all times) has not ended yet and depending on the nature of the time/space continuum perhaps never will. I suppose a good compromise might be judging just before mankind has paid the debt of nature, faded away, gone belly up. The last earth dweller would have to grab a really big box of beer and snacks and watch all movies ever produced and then give the final judgement. I already pity him for having to watch all the Rocky movies, poor soul...
OTOH, we might as well discuss the best movie so far: The Matrix
biggrin.gif
This movie has stunning martial arts, revolutionary F/X and a mindboggling story that has much more to it than the average viewer will ever perceive. These Wachowski brothers are true geniuses. If it didn't have that crappy hollywood style happy end, I'd nominate it for best movie of all times right now
smily_headphones1.gif

-----
[this space intentionally left blank]

I still have a few triphasic multiplexing spacial distortion inhibitors if you're interested... Could stop the continuim and contain your body and device in a space-time cortex using an artificial rift generator..

Oh, and sorry... Centronic RS232C controlled semiplexing multiparticle bi-directional fusion power supplies arent included.
frown.gif

Dec 7, 2001 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 27
The greatest movie of all time is Citizen Kane. What other movie portrayed a character as well? What other movie developed a character as well? This movie is a true classic.

Dec 8, 2001 at 6:52 AM Post #13 of 27
It doesn't matter if someone names the same movie. It's the arguement on behalf of the movie and how well you write it, that I'm judging.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2001 at 8:37 AM Post #15 of 27
Is that it for entries? Pretty weak response, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back