My guide to making foobar pretty (usable).
Jun 11, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #16 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu
How do I get border lines visible in playlist? It would make it better to read. Now I don't have any border lines there.

To clear up: Like you have those blue lines separating every "department" in your foobar playlist HiFiRE.

Do you actually mean the actual playlist? Because that is completely changeable with an fcs file.

Jun 11, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #17 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Do you actually mean the actual playlist? Because that is completely changeable with an fcs file.

Well check a picture of my configuration here.

Now take a look of HiFiREs configuration. While I have no border lines separating for example artist and tracknumber, he has. I want border lines too to make it look better. That's also nice that every other line has different color. Mine looks quite dull compared to that one in the first post.

Jun 11, 2006 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 255
Quote:

Well check a picture of my configuration here.

Now take a look of HiFiREs configuration. While I have no border lines separating for example artist and tracknumber, he has. I want border lines too to make it look better. That's also nice that every other line has different color. Mine looks quite dull compared to that one in the first post.

Yes, I see. That is completely to do with an fcs or you could go in deep and change the coding to do it. You'd have to find a similar fcs or one you liked more.

Jun 11, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 255
HiFiRE could send me his config and I just change the colours and fonts there. It shouldn't be too hard. Or do you have something nice you could send me Chri5peed?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #20 of 255
Quote:

HiFiRE could send me his config and I just change the colours and fonts there. It shouldn't be too hard. Or do you have something nice you could send me Chri5peed?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, PM me your email address.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #21 of 255
Is there any way to have a sort of "on-the-fly" playlist? I want to just go around the music library, adding stuff to this playlist and have it played easily (like one click, or right mouse button and one click)

Jun 11, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #24 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by mojo
Is there any way to have a sort of "on-the-fly" playlist? I want to just go around the music library, adding stuff to this playlist and have it played easily (like one click, or right mouse button and one click)

Yes, if I understand you correctly? Thats what I use.

Use the 'albumlist' plugin and scan your music folder. Then open up the albumlist panel, all the stuff you scanned will be listed in tree view, whatever way you want to show it; album, artist, year...
Then you can just click on something to add it to the current playlist.

You could have half an album in 320K mp3 in one sub-folder and the other half in FLAC somewhere else, but because it has the same album tag it shows up as the whole album in albumlist.
smily_headphones1.gif
You can use the 'directory structure' view to bypass tags and show it how its stored on your HDD.

Jun 11, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #26 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by hembergler
Where do most of you guys get your album art?

AMG is decent, but the art is smallish http://www.allmusic.com/

Rate Your Music is great, they have larger covers and more obscure stuff too like some bootlegs

Amazon.com is often good too, sometimes even having larger artwork, but it is slower to pinpoint specific albums sometimes.

Last resort, Google Image; this is especially good for concert photos and some bootlegs

Jun 11, 2006 at 11:43 PM Post #27 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
many, many, many thanks HiFiRE
this is great, got me started, even if I stumble at least I am mobile
biggrin.gif

Yes, I too would like to thank you for taking the time to post a tutorial. Now I can actually use foobar instead of spending a lot of time trying to customize the layout.
k701smile.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 12:41 AM Post #28 of 255
Jun 12, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #30 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
I figured that :p I store all the albums in "My Music" and the images are named folder.jpg for each album

Do you see a place that album art could be shown but is blank? If not you didn't add the album art panel in your layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back