My guide to making foobar pretty (usable).
Jan 24, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #226 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just now discovered this queue possibility when you posted about your shortcuts.
biggrin.gif
It's quite handy. Can I see the list of queued tracks somehow?

You need the Queue Manager DLL. I found the current version to be buggy - the display of songs was sometimes incorrect - but an older version works well (as long as you aren't simultaneouly running the author's Foo_track_pos dll. That functionalirty was built into this older version.)

Here is the link for the older version:
http://chron.visiondesigns.de/foobar...ager_0.2.1.zip

It's a panel that you can add in Columns UI. The really handy thing is to program your mouse so that the middle button sends songs to it from your playlist. It makes browsing around and setting up a queue really nice. And it will suit your browsing preferences very well.

I also like your preference for Camel! You don't come across that very often.
cool.gif

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #227 of 255
Thanks for that one cooperpwc. I added the Queue Manager and Quicksearch plugins. Quicksearch seems to be quite a good search plugin.

I tried to go for album list browsing once again but I noticed that my library doesn't update automatically when I add new albums. I have to rescan my whole library to be able to see the new albums I just added. Is there some way to make it update automatically?

Jan 25, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #228 of 255
Quote:

Thanks for that one cooperpwc. I added the Queue Manager and Quicksearch plugins. Quicksearch seems to be quite a good search plugin.

I tried to go for album list browsing once again but I noticed that my library doesn't update automatically when I add new albums. I have to rescan my whole library to be able to see the new albums I just added. Is there some way to make it update automatically?

You can drag new files into your playlist from Explorer, click refresh tree and your media library is then updated to include the new files. You should still rescan maybe once every week or two to be completely safe.

Jan 25, 2007 at 9:51 AM Post #229 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can drag new files into your playlist from Explorer, click refresh tree and your media library is then updated to include the new files. You should still rescan maybe once every week or two to be completely safe.

Well that was my point, it doesn't refresh by pressing the "Refresh Tree" -button. I have to do the Scan process from preferences to be able to see the new albums. That's not very handy if I have to do it every time I add new albums. It's quite slow.

I use Explorer Tree plugin which updates automatically when I add new albums. It's easy to add new albums to my playlist through Explorer Tree. It's just that if Album list would update automatically then I wouldn't probably even need playlists and Explorer Tree.

Jan 25, 2007 at 1:31 PM Post #230 of 255
Quote:

Well that was my point, it doesn't refresh by pressing the "Refresh Tree" -button. I have to do the Scan process from preferences to be able to see the new albums. That's not very handy if I have to do it every time I add new albums. It's quite slow.

I use Explorer Tree plugin which updates automatically when I add new albums. It's easy to add new albums to my playlist through Explorer Tree. It's just that if Album list would update automatically then I wouldn't probably even need playlists and Explorer Tree.

The key point is that you have to drag the the files in first. Open Windows Explorer. Go the directory where the new files are, and drag and drop them into your playlist. You should now see them in your playlist. Now click Refresh Tree. It should work.

Me I just rescan while I go the washroom.

Jan 25, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #231 of 255
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The key point is that you have to drag the the files in first. Open Windows Explorer. Go the directory where the new files are, and drag and drop them into your playlist. You should now see them in your playlist. Now click Refresh Tree. It should work.

Me I just rescan while I go the washroom.

Ok. Well this makes it even harder than using separate playlists so maybe I'll just stick with them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #232 of 255
Got rid of winamp due to it's bad sound quality.

Reinstalled Foobar and components but I can't get your config to work.

Can't see album art and when I click the artist tab on left,there is nothing below (I have already scanned my music files).

I think Winamp is much better at the library stuff and foobar is better at the sound stuff.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #237 of 255
Dont give up....keep with it...pay off is worth it.

Dont be a fool, wrap your tool .....

BTW, having problems deciding....KS or ASIO, ASIO is 16bit 48khz..KS i can go up to 24bit 192khz..but i dont see a point really...however, with KS, i get HELLA more volume compared to ASIO. I use a amp, so there is no point...but just wondering your thoughts guys...

Jan 29, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #238 of 255
The file part of foobar sucks big time-flaky as termite imbedded wood.
I can forgive that part of it cause it sounds great:)

My rescan media library is greyed out. :frowning2:

I ripped a stereolab album but the files didn't go into their own folder like winamp does and because I can't rescan my media library,I can't see those songs:frowning2:

Foobar-worst library component-best sq.

Jan 29, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #240 of 255
Hey Smasha, you're giving Genesis a bad name.
wink.gif

Don't give up. When all else fails, steal someone's config. In fact they're there for the offering. And pay attention to the fine details. One mistake and it won't work. It's not an iPod - it doesn't self correct.

Here's are a bunch of really nice ones. Be sure to download and install every required component to the Foobar Components directory. (Some require .net so pay attention to that too.) It's doable... Lose the intimidation factor and just build it one step at a time.

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...howtopic=49783

Users who are viewing this thread

Back