my gf doesn't want an iPod ???
Dec 9, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #16 of 42
sanity8me, you've got a keeper of a girlfriend, that's for sure. Guess you'll have to get her something rugged that satisfies. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that might be since I'm a karma man LOL
tongue.gif

If it's a steel backed player, it shouldn't matter if you have to have it be an iPod to have it properly engraved, it should be possible to do it with any other player that has a metal back. I wonder what features she's looking for in a player? FM radio, voice recording? It'd be nice if the player was UMS compliant, because it'd be ultra-easy for anyone to use.

Of course, I dunno, it's all IMO, and your GF knows best
smily_headphones1.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:22 AM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by proximal
It works with the HD series just fine.

good news. wish i could use it with my Vaio Pocket though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
sanity8me, you've got a keeper of a girlfriend, that's for sure. Guess you'll have to get her something rugged that satisfies. Unfortunately, I have no idea what that might be since I'm a karma man LOL
tongue.gif

If it's a steel backed player, it shouldn't matter if you have to have it be an iPod to have it properly engraved, it should be possible to do it with any other player that has a metal back. I wonder what features she's looking for in a player? FM radio, voice recording? It'd be nice if the player was UMS compliant, because it'd be ultra-easy for anyone to use.

Of course, I dunno, it's all IMO, and your GF knows best
smily_headphones1.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

definitely a keeper, but ya never know. i'm pretty sure she doesn't really care for any special features like FM radio and voice recording.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markot86
Honestly, I can't believe she's being picky about this; since when has it been ok for a gf to complain about a 300 dollar present? I second Edipisreks' statement.

she has no clue that i'm getting her an mp3 player. she's just trying to figure out what's best for her and she wants my advice/recommendations.

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:39 AM Post #19 of 42
After getting my wife numerous Creative, Samsung, etc. flash based players, she is fed up with them. Kludgy interfaces, and unstable firmware.

Now she wants an iPod. She wants an easier to use player where she doesn't have to re-learn an entirely new interface every time there is a new one.

That is one of Apple's "genius" with iPod's. The interface/software, essentially stays the same from generation to generation.

That and with the Nano, there is finally enough storage space for her. She really needs Flash based, since she wants lightweight and shock proof for running.

-Ed

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:19 AM Post #20 of 42
I would recommand HD5 too, she probably will like the red one. A couple girls had already told me they like that player (looks only). If she really wants to stand out, maybe get the new kenwood player (which you can take advantage too
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #21 of 42
Hmmm... If she already knows you are buying her an MP3 player (therefore, not a surprise), why don't you ask her which one she fancies?

Or even better, why don't you take her out shopping.

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:06 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
i then decided a 30GB iPod Video would be the next step for her, but what happened next totally baffled me. she told me straight up that she doesn't want to comform and have an iPod like everyone else and told me that she was surprised that i was recommending an iPod since i always used to say there are better players. can you believe it? a girl saying that she doesn't want an iPod because she doesn't want to conform? i was so incredibly proud of her for that. think many people here would be too if there gf said that.

Tell her she's not conforming, she's just getting the most logical mp3 player for her wants and needs. Who cares if everyone else has one? Tell her to get some black headphones if she "feels" too trendy.

Dec 10, 2005 at 6:33 AM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
i wish. it's only for NW-E103/E105/E403/E405/E407/E503/E505/E507 models.

Why don't you use Vaio Music Transfer? It came on the CD-ROM and the latest version 1.2 is downloadable from a few sites. It allows you to bypass SonicStage.

Dec 10, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #29 of 42
Don't get her an iPod. Even though it might be the best choice, that will really piss her off big time
eek.gif

I think the Creative players are pretty easy to use, and the newer ones look really cool too (I have a Zen and an iPod these days).

Dec 10, 2005 at 1:22 PM Post #30 of 42
BTW who said that iTunes is necessarily easy to use? I'm of the opinion that it's a pretty horrible interface and don't understand how all the morons work with it.

I've got the Anapod Explorer which is near perfect, especially since it decodes FLAC files and reencodes to mp3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back