my gf doesn't want an iPod ???
Dec 9, 2005 at 1:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

sanity8me

500+ Head-Fier
i've been planning on getting my gf an mp3 player for a while now and thought to myself that an ipod would be ideal for her. 1) she's a girl and will find it cute 2) it's pretty easy to use compared to many other mp3 players 3) the click wheel is still the number way to quickly find your songs 4) i'd be able to engrave it with an inside joke or something else she'd find to be sweet

by the way, i'm currently using a 40GB Vaio Pocket which i don't let her play with anymore cause she doesn't know how to and never will.

so here's the problem.

i first decided on getting her a nano for it's tiny cute size, but she then hinted that she needs way more space than 4GB, which i found to be the case indeed, and that also she doesn't want something that tiny. damn.

i then decided a 30GB iPod Video would be the next step for her, but what happened next totally baffled me. she told me straight up that she doesn't want to comform and have an iPod like everyone else and told me that she was surprised that i was recommending an iPod since i always used to say there are better players. can you believe it? a girl saying that she doesn't want an iPod because she doesn't want to conform? i was so incredibly proud of her for that. think many people here would be too if there gf said that.

so now i'm looking for something else for her, but i'm having trouble deciding. maybe an HD5? or a Zen Sleek? or a Toshiba Gigabeat? what i'm really worried about is that the software for those players might totally frustrate her. then again i can get her an iRiver H10 20GB, which has the wonderfully easy drag-and-drop method, but i'm sure she'll find it ugly. or maybe an iAudio X5/X5L... but i think that's more for guys and she'll probably think it's ugly too.

basically, i still think the iPod Video would be ideal for her and might try to convince her to get it (meaning i'd have to get it before her mom does and her mom knows of my plan so that's ok).

so, what do i do? keep in mind this is a girl who's not that good with intricate gadgets.

Dec 9, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 42
If she wants to be an individual get her a portable cassette player!
biggrin.gif

Maybe the gigabeat would be good but to be honest I'm not too sure how eay other players are to use, I've only dealt with the iPod...call me a sheep...

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:04 AM Post #9 of 42
thanks for the replies guys. a cassette player?

see an HD5 is my next choice over an iPod because all the other players seem to be too confusing and (don't get offended when i say this) slightly ugly, but i'm still not sure. how are you guys so sure she'll love an HD5? i've been using sonicstage for a while now and absolutely hate it. i bet itunes would be 10x better for her. and i admit i really want to engrave the iPod. errrr.

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
thanks for the replies guys. a cassette player?

see an HD5 is my next choice over an iPod because all the other players seem to be too confusing and (don't get offended when i say this) slightly ugly, but i'm still not sure. how are you guys so sure she'll love an HD5? i've been using sonicstage for a while now and absolutely hate it. i bet itunes would be 10x better for her. and i admit i really want to engrave the iPod. errrr.

buy her the ipod, then. she'll deal, especially if you engrave it with something special (maybe something like "i'll punch you in the face if you complain about the expensive gift i bought you").

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
buy her the ipod, then. she'll deal, especially if you engrave it with something special (maybe something like "i'll punch you in the face if you complain about the expensive gift i bought you").

Oh man, I know it's wrong, but this line is just too funny...

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanity8me
she told me straight up that she doesn't want to comform and have an iPod like everyone else and told me that she was surprised that i was recommending an iPod since i always used to say there are better players.

can you believe it? a girl saying that she doesn't want an iPod because she doesn't want to conform? i was so incredibly proud of her for that. think many people here would be too if there gf said that.

Your Girlfriend Rocks
smily_headphones1.gif
That is awesome that she refuses to become another i-Drone (like me, haha).

Quote:

basically, i still think the iPod Video would be ideal for her and might try to convince her to get it (meaning i'd have to get it before her mom does and her mom knows of my plan so that's ok).

so, what do i do? keep in mind this is a girl who's not that good with intricate gadgets.

If you can't find a suitable alternative, team stealth could be a resort (IE, she could use some sony or shure g series or even the upcoming black er6i instead of the white colored and craptastic ibuds
biggrin.gif
)

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #14 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by proximal
Then use MP3 file manager instead http://www.atraclife.com/index.php?showtopic=101

i wish. it's only for NW-E103/E105/E403/E405/E407/E503/E505/E507 models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks

lmao. yeah i think she'll deal with it too. maybe i should just tell her my surprise and let her pick what she wants. i'll give her a few options. i've narrowed it down to these three if i can't convince her with the iPod Video:

1) Sony HD5 20GB (personally a fan of Sony's hardware designs. wish i could say the same about the software.)
2) Philips HDD6330 30GB (looks sexy as hell. what do you guys think? seems risky since it's a Philips...)
3) Creative Zen Micro Photo 8 GB (even though i don't like Creative's plasticy designs... looks cheap, but this one may be an exception. may also be not enough space for her.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back