My friend became a vegetarian...here comes the preeching:(
Jul 26, 2003 at 7:35 PM Post #61 of 77
Actually, Peter Luger's steak sauce, from Peter Luger's steakhouse in Brooklyn, is the best steaksauce i've ever tasted. Its not like A1 at all, there's something sweet in there. I think every steak lover should give it a try.

Jul 26, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #62 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
have ya'll heard about pigs just having their necks broke and then sometimes still being alive as the skining machine goes at them?

I don't think a machine does that, people do that.

Cows are fed not only all sorts of growth homones but also parts of other cows. Feed lots are the most un-natural place on the planet.

Jul 26, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #64 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by Sentral Dogma
Actually, Peter Luger's steak sauce, from Peter Luger's steakhouse in Brooklyn, is the best steaksauce i've ever tasted. Its not like A1 at all, there's something sweet in there. I think every steak lover should give it a try.

Hmm, I must get my hands on some, but out here in Utah, that could be tough.
frown.gif

Jul 27, 2003 at 4:08 AM Post #65 of 77
thank you all for your input. i have learned a lot. and many things that i thought were true, that my vegy friend said wasn't, are in fact true...like meat having some of the essential and healthiest types of protein. also, the part about how our bodies have specific amino acids for breaking down meats is proof enough for me that it is perfectly natural and ok to eat meat. if my friend brings it up again, it looks like i'll have a few things under my belt to tell help back my argument up.
it's simple, all natural living things existing on this planet are designed to consume other living things for survival...it is the way nature works. if anyone has any other opinions on the matter, keep em comin. thanx again for all the responses
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2003 at 4:40 AM Post #66 of 77
Vitamin B12 is neccessary for humans.
It is not available from any plant.

So when your friend takes his multi-vitamin to replace the vitamins he would be getting from eating meat, he is consuming an animal.
B12 can also be found in fungus and algae, but unless the multi-vitamin is labeled as such, it didn't come from those sources.

Sep 1, 2003 at 6:31 AM Post #67 of 77
Hmm. I believe that the human digestive system developed that acid to digest meat over a period of time, after meat was introduced into the diet. However, I could be wrong. Also, there are some physiological aspects of the human body which you are ignoring, that could be used to argue against meat eating being natural. These would include molars, a longer digestive tract, a relatively weak jaw, saliva which is more suited to disolving fruits and nuts than meat, no mauling tools or sharp claws on the body, lack of great speed, and no real natural physical advantage over other animals. And finally, no other animal (a minority of humans) breeds its prey to kill and distribute among its society. Just pointing out some things you could have missed.

Sep 1, 2003 at 12:00 PM Post #68 of 77
I would never become a vegetarian. I love meat. Also, I have my reasons...

In 8th grade I had this wimpy, skinny band director. He was a horrible band director and just plain wimpy. He was always pale and thin as a rail (no oun intended) and weak. He was oen of your generic health-nuts. He was a vegetarian. He claimed that since he became one "I have so much more energy!". Bogus. All he ever does is eat apples and drink distilled water (he doesn't want the cancer-causing impurities
rolleyes.gif
). The reason this guy is so pale is because he doesn't eat much and when he eats, it's vegeetables, and because he doesn't eat meat and he has no IRON in his blood (reason why he's pale).

NOW GO OUT TO OUBACK STEAKHOUSE AND GET AN 18 OUNCER!!!

Sep 1, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #69 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by MD1032
I would never become a vegetarian. I love meat. Also, I have my reasons...

In 8th grade I had this wimpy, skinny band director. He was a horrible band director and just plain wimpy. He was always pale and thin as a rail (no oun intended) and weak. He was oen of your generic health-nuts. He was a vegetarian. He claimed that since he became one "I have so much more energy!". Bogus. All he ever does is eat apples and drink distilled water (he doesn't want the cancer-causing impurities
rolleyes.gif
). The reason this guy is so pale is because he doesn't eat much and when he eats, it's vegeetables, and because he doesn't eat meat and he has no IRON in his blood (reason why he's pale).

NOW GO OUT TO OUBACK STEAKHOUSE AND GET AN 18 OUNCER!!!

I've never seen a skinny, pale, unhealthy person who eats meat. Nope. Never.

The example above has nothing to do with being a vegetarian. Its has to do with genetics and his own choice of what he eats. There's a good chance that this guy came from parents with similar builds to his own. While that doesn't mean he has to be skinny and weak, he's certainly more likely to be that way. And if he chooses to eat poorly, that's his own choice- its not a direct result of not eating meat. He's probably not eating a lot of other stuff too.

All that really matters is if he feels better that way. It may not seem right to you, but it works for him.

Back to the topic of this thread- was this guy preaching his diet? To me, that would be funny. He would probably make a good case to everybody about the importance of eating well: See kids, if you don't eat well, you'll look like this guy! Doctors could use him in one of those photos similar to the gum diease photos dentists have.

Sep 1, 2003 at 4:36 PM Post #70 of 77
Exactly. Iron deficiency is not a good thing.

Sep 1, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #72 of 77
Sep 2, 2003 at 12:55 AM Post #73 of 77
your friend didn't just happen to watch Evangelion (Japanese anime) in the few days when he/she changed his/her mind, did he/she?
biggrin.gif
(without spoiling any part of the story I'll just say EVA got ME thinking about a bunch of things I've previously done without ever really having to think about them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back