My friend became a vegetarian...here comes the preeching:(
Jul 25, 2003 at 6:18 PM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by MERTON
what?

is it possible for you to be a little more ignorant?

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #32 of 77
please full explain yourself. ... how is my argument flawed? we have omnivorous teeth.. that means we should eat anything that is healthy... and that includes some good ole fish and the occaisional sausage.

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:24 PM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20
is it possible for you to be a little more ignorant?

Well, he is Merton, so I'm guessing yes.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:27 PM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

please full explain yourself. ... how is my argument flawed? we have omnivorous teeth.. that means we should eat anything that is healthy... and that includes some good ole fish and the occaisional sausage.

Where you do get the idea that we are MEANT to do anything? Are you religious? Do you believe because god gave us a certain type of teeth, we must obey him and eat certain types of food?

Or maybe its evolution. Because human teeth evolved to eat meat and vegetables we must do so? I can eat whatever I want and I'm not going to base it on how I feel my body is designed.

There must be foods you don't like. Do you eat them anyway because god/evolution says you should?

Did you know your own urine is safe to drink? God/evolution must have decided that you were meant to drink it. Have a glass and get back to me.

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:29 PM Post #36 of 77
i think you had a valid response in that jumbled mess of words. maybe if you stop typing like a 3 year old, we will take you more seriously.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #37 of 77
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20
i think you had a valid response in that jumbled mess of words. maybe if you stop typing like a 3 year old, we will take you more seriously.
wink.gif

Or maybe if he backed up his opinions to even the slightest degree... nah, that'll never happen.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:38 PM Post #38 of 77
fool!!! our body are meant to absorb certain nutrient and therefore is designed to run off of certain things!!! one of those things is meat!!! we wouldn't have teeth capable of eating it efficiently if our bodies weren't design to need cetrain nutrient found abundantly in... MEAT!!! sheeesh... how am i ignorant!!!?? it's that silly friend that's ignorant. and now i am done with this silly topic. hmph!

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #39 of 77
Merton, did you read any of the other peoples' posts in this thread? They have very convincing arguments from a vegetarian point of view.

Jul 25, 2003 at 6:52 PM Post #41 of 77
Quote:

nah.. i ain't bothering with it... i have to go pee right quick.. maybe i'll read them later.

rolleyes.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #44 of 77
Our digestive system is neither long enough to properly digest plant matter nor properly stocked with enzymes to extract everything from meat. So a proper diet has both.

As for the "I don't eat meat, so I'm better than you" ******** some vegitarians like to spout, Maddox has something to say about that.

Favorite quote from that page:

Quote:

You think you're saving the world by eating a tofu-burger and sticking to a diet of grains and berries?

I eat meat. I have killed animals. I have also eaten those animals, and they were damn tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back