My first portable setup...RE-262 and cMoyBB V2.03 so far....need a DAP
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 18
I recently acquired a used ipod 160 gb for a fair price and it is currently sitting here rockboxed and stable. Occasionally it does freeze up which just requires a reset (pressing menu and middle button for 5 seconds) and then it reboots perfectly fine. Besides the very occasional boot up freeze using emCore, this rockboxed 7G performs wonderfully. SQ with L/O and E11 is on par with my clip+ (if not better/more customizable) and the battery life and storage space really knocks this out of the park. I'm potentially thinking about switching over actually to my samsung S3 when I have a working Amp/Dac with it, as I'm actually a bigger fan of keeping all my stuff in one pocket when it comes to portability. There should be a thread detailing how to install EmCore and Rockbox but it took very little effort and maybe 20 minutes of my time to do. 

Quote:
@randomkid - The RockBox site says iPod classics are unstable. If you have information or something that says different, I'd like to see it. Not to prove you are right, just to confirm because I'd definitely consider the iPod classic if it can in fact do RockBox. I really like the 160gb capacity of the classic and not having all the frills that I would get from a touch or iPhone isn't a big deal, since I do have an iPhone in service.

The 160gb iPod classic would be awesome too but I'd really like some confirmation as to whether RockBox is stable on this platform.

The one other player at this time I was kinda givin' the eye to is the Cowon C2. I haven't really read too much about it yet to see how much of a contender it is, but looks, battery life, and price make it look appealing.

Sep 27, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #17 of 18
Went shopping today and found that Best Buy has the 4GB Sansa Clip Zip for $40 and my local target has the 8GB Sansa Fuse+ for $40 on clearance. I didn't get either but now that I am home, I wish I would have gotten one of them.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
Went shopping today and found that Best Buy has the 4GB Sansa Clip Zip for $40 and my local target has the 8GB Sansa Fuse+ for $40 on clearance. I didn't get either but now that I am home, I wish I would have gotten one of them.

Fuze+ has touch controls, and it sucks according to reviews, also it is not supported by rockbox due to touch controls

Users who are viewing this thread

Back