My first major purchase (headphone setup)
Jun 27, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #18 of 37
This thread is worthless without pics!!!

Good job on your first purchase though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely wanna see some pics....and DONT tell your wife what they cost, for the sake of the lord! I spent 2 grand on my current setup and told my woman, and I miss that testicle more and more each day.

LOL...my wife was well aware of the cost of everything, even the Zu Birth power cords, the 22" Gateway montior, even the rack to hold the equipment.

Her biggest WOW moment was listening to the London Philharmonic Orchestra playing the Nutcracker Overture. She said she could hear every layer of the piece. Other pieces she is familiar with she says sound like entirely different songs now. She says she hates me because I ruined her satisfaction with more common things...like when she experienced the Bowers and Wilkins 801 series speakers. Once you have experienced wonderful things nothing else will do.
smily_headphones1.gif

FOR ALL YOU DEMANDING PICS...tonight...FINE, tonight! Do you also want pics of the digital piano, laptop and furniture??? lol

Jun 27, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #22 of 37
Nice setup

While your at it taking pictures you might as well give us a tour of your house to satisfy everyone :p

Jun 27, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #23 of 37
Congrats!
Enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #24 of 37
Congratulations!
We will take you into the heat of Team Omega II when time comes..
tongue.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #26 of 37
[/IMG

So...there's you pic...not a perfect picture, but a picture nonetheless.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The good news is that it's all paid for, no debt.
smily_headphones1.gif

So true. My wallet is still open to upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #29 of 37
Nice.

The great thing about that CD player is you can build a loudspeaker system around it too.
wink.gif

I really like the look of that can/amp combo. Would love to hear them together at some stage - anyone in Melbourne got a set? Maybe it's time for a mini-meet!

Jun 28, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #30 of 37
Very nice! I read your story on the other thread. You must've been pretty desperate for good sound
biggrin.gif
Congrats and hope you get the O2 soon. It's very good.

BTW, I'm intrigued by the Azur 740c because it can be used as an external DAC. It would be a nice addition to my university rig for a not-so-ridiculous sum of money. My setup at uni is similar to yours (computer as source) and it would be very nice to be able to combine CDP with DAC. Which other CDPs did you consider?

Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back