My first major purchase (headphone setup)
Jun 28, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #32 of 37
That's a beauty

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oaw, so sexy...wait, you are getting an O2 also?!!!

the Stax will come after my first book is published...or if the Publishers Clearing House thing works out. Either way it's about publishing.

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:07 AM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerGenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...there's you pic...not a perfect picture, but a picture nonetheless.

It brought tears to my eyes.
redface.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

The W5000 + HA5000 combo is one of the best headphone systems I've heard. Details, a holographic soundstage and precision imaging are its strengths. It is very sensitive to the source and also power conditioning and cables.

I've heard the Omega II + 007t and it isn't necessarily better than the W5000 + HA5000. I have an Omega II right now, due to accidentally over-enthusiastic bidding, but no amp. With the W5000 available, I'm in no rush to listen to the Omega II.

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by riceboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So true. My wallet is still open to upgrades
smily_headphones1.gif

I wish my wallet was...

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #36 of 37
i even gave up my wallet. and ive only got 4 pairs of mentionable cans, and a pair of shure e2c's thus far, all powered by my LDM+ (im a portable people)

Jul 16, 2007 at 4:26 PM Post #37 of 37
HA!

74 posts, and that's the setup you end up with? I'd hate to see what you get by post 1000.
^_^

It's things like this what make me wish I had money. As you say, money is a very nice proxy to happiness.

Oh, and although lots of people will say you have one killer setup, don't be afraid to try out different things. Who knows, you may end up liking a different sonic signature than what your current setup produces.

~Cheers Mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back