My final thread with ALL information i can give.
Sep 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

--connor--

New Head-Fier
Ok so i've made a few threads in the past week asking about good bass iem's.
I promise this will be my final thread.
I am looking for:
Real bass, this is my main reason for getting new earphones. I want them to tickle my ear canals when turned up high enough.
Smallish, I need them to be "low-profile" as i will be putting a motorcycle helmet on as i am wearing them.
Budget is about $100
good enough quality WITHOUT being amped  (don't want to buy an amp)
I'm not sure i like the idea of the earphones being TOO far in my ear canal either. As the mc5's are stated to be :S sounds a bit uncomfortable to me. Also maybe some with good tip range as i have slightly smaller then average ear canals. Nothing to worry about, sure i can find some tips myself.
Seen too many threads now and am just getting myself confused.
Kinda narrowed down to the panasonic hje900's which is kinda over my price range but if they truely are good enough i will get them.
But from now on any recommendations stated here i will certainly look at and research properly and i won't be looking at anymore threads because im getting so mixed up with numbers and letter and models and makes and price and so on and so forth.
And if you can, tell me if they are available in the uk as this is where i live
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//smily_headphones1.gif" title="
smily_headphones1.gif
" width="" />" width="" />.
I think this hopefully should be most of the info.. i'll probably edit it.
Thanks to anyone that makes any suggestions.
p.s LOOKING FOR BASS!

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:35 PM Post #2 of 14
Have you read Jokers tread, he is probably the one who has tried almost the hole shebang in IEMs and written it down. i have only tried the Sennheiser CX550 and the bass is great but i`m not sure if the stems will be so great to fit under a helmet though. anyways here is Jokers tread.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-108-iems-compared-earsquake-cro-fish-and-sha-added-09-17

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 14
I've used this as a guide alot! But i never see him really go into the bass and tell us if it's really good like  "wow this bass on these earphones are amazing". Plus he doesn't have some of the up to date iems.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 14
Well at under $100 you have to make some kind of sacrifice. I have yet to hear any $100 and under earphone that offers it all.

That being said you need to do more research if MC5 is an option when you are considering lots of bass.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 14
lol he does not make rhetorical comments like those that wouldn't be very helpful anyway . He pretty much just analyzes the sound trying to be objective which is pretty much the best way to do it. As for up to date iems, really? in this price range he pretty much has all the main contenders except the Silver Bullet/MC5/HF5 (which are all upcoming) and Xscapes.

Quote:--connor--
I've used this as a guide alot! But i never see him really go into the bass and tell us if it's really good like  "wow this bass on these earphones are amazing". Plus he doesn't have some of the up to date iems.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 14
I think next to ClieOS he has the best knowledge of the $100 and under market in earphones. A lot of those earphones in that review at $100 and under and for a good reason. I do agree that comments such as "this bass is amazing" doesn't tell much. It can mean different things to different people and is too subjective.

Also I really doubt many earphones can fit under a helmet very well.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 14
Well obviously i didn't mean "the bass is amazing" is a good comment. I just meant he never really gives me the feeling that there's anything really special about any of the earphones. Please, don't get the idea that i am critisizing or anything, the thread is amazing and i truely thank him for it becuase it has helped me alot.
And i know for a fact there are plenty of earphones that fit perfectly well under a helmet... after experiencing it myself i think i should know. And sorry, i didn't mean the mc5's i don't know why i put them in.

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 14
If your all about the bass, the AT CKS70 will fill you to over flowing and has a good sound stage. It is weaker in the midrange (good but not great), and is rolled off in the treble but you will not find a sub $100 IEM that will do everything. Also not sure how it will fit under a helmet.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:49 AM Post #9 of 14
Have you taugth of how you are going to use them, over the ear / straight down cable and if you are going to ride a bike i think player in the shirt pocket and a short cable would be much better then a long cable down to your pants. and how much isolation you want. to much and it will be difficult to hear the bike and the horns on other cars etc. is there any space around your ears in the helmet, just some of my taughts.
So i think the CX550 could actually work for you since it has short cable and not to much isolation. 

Sep 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #10 of 14
Nice points. I hate over the ear, refuse to use them. I don't mind too much about the cable as i don't mind wrapping it around my iphone a little bit plus i will be using them whilst walking, I'm the sort of person to have my earphones most of the day if im at school. And having both earphones in would be too dangerous so i will only be using one so the isolation is fine w.e really. There is a little bit of space, i don't think its too much over a problem, i've used other regular earphones and they are fine. Just don't want any that are obviously higher profile than the average if you see what i mean.
Thanks for the suggestion will defo re-look at the CX550's and the CKS70's

Sep 21, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #12 of 14
Hmmm... The IE6 is over ear. If the MEElec M11+ is anything like the M6 it has plenty of subbass but imo the M6 is missing a lot of midbass and body in the voices i dont know if thats the case with the M11+  though but the Denons might work.

Quote:
senn IE6 maybe, denon C551, MEElec M11+ (tiny and have a ton of bass)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back