My Fiio E6 has a crooked lock sticker O_o and says Fujiyama on the back
Feb 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BaconWhispers

New Head-Fier
Got it today, and it looks good EXCEPT THAT THE LOCK STICKER IS CROOKED! noooooooooooooooooooooo!
It might be  fake, and my ears are too dumb to know if it sounds good or not... I just wanted something fast because my audio jack broke so I decided to use LOD and amp combo...

The box has a serial sticker, but the lid was open.
confused_face.gif

X?    Fujyama on back
✔     Flush usb
✔     "thin-ish" loop
X      CROOKED LOCK STICKER
✔-    It does have a serial on the box, and a "scratch security coating"
✔     Thick-ish power/lock slider

I bought on Amazon from Emusic Enterprise b/c of the 1yr warranty and 99% feedback, but looked and they are not on the authorized seller list!
Right now it looks legit except that orange lock sticker has me in cold sweats right now. However the sticker is ohh so slightly crooked, and I happen to be more of glass-half-empty kind of guy because I have been burned on purchases before. When I get a day off Ill take it apart and poke around at the hardware. Than I will either s**t bricks, or be very happy. All in all I think I will be alright.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:
Pictures could give us some more information about this product of yours.

Oops, my bad I will get those pics! (of the outside and all six sides at macro)

I tried opening it with razor / mini screwdriver and it cracked at both 3.5 jacks :frowning2:
My ears are not very fancy and I cant tell by listening, but for now it sounds good with vsonic GR02s.

If it starts having problems I most likely get angry and buy a custom amp and etymotic hf5s and be broke for a few weeks :)

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:
Oops, my bad I will get those pics! (of the outside and all six sides at macro)

I tried opening it with razor / mini screwdriver and it cracked at both 3.5 jacks :frowning2:
My ears are not very fancy and I cant tell by listening, but for now it sounds good with vsonic GR02s.

If it starts having problems I most likely get angry and buy a custom amp and etymotic hf5s and be broke for a few weeks :)

Wait...why were you attempting to open it it with a razor/screwdriver? Should have came to these forums and asked about before you did such things haha

Anyways, get the pictures up whenever so anyone who has a good understanding about the E6's appearances and performance can assist you.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #6 of 14
While I wait for a camera (few more hours) can anyone even load fiio.com.cn ?
I ask because the box has a bar code, but with scratch query sticker that tells me to check with their website (that wont load).

It just hangs, and never loads. (I can feel China hacking my computer!  "jk" O_o )

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Well let me know if you need more angles or stuff.

No, those angles are enough.

Hmm...seems to me that the E6 is legit. That's from my perspective though, don't know what others would think. But yeah, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it besides maybe just the accidentally faulty lock sticker.

Does it function properly? 

I'm just saying, you shouldn't have opened it up like that, because nothing seems to be wrong with the product, and now you've damaged it. 

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #10 of 14
What don't you just check the security code on the box with FiiO website?

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Fiio.com.cn wont load at all (I have a hunch that my ISP is blocking them for some reason)
Ill try connecting on tor later today...

you can also try fiio.net and fiio.cn

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #13 of 14
Thanks for all the help. The reason I wanted to be sure is because there was no seal sticker on the top, and the top of it was already open when I got (I thought they might have put a fake inside a good box). I think they should put unique serials on the device itself, but that is my opinion... I purchased though Emusic form Amazon.

The code proved to be genuine. Also if you have AT&T like me they block SOME Chinese websites for some odd reason. At first I thought it was their dns so I tried 8.8.8.8 but still no luck...
But I tried to go there on TOR and it worked fine. (I think AT&T has some explaining to do)

Any ways; for anyone in the future that is in my position I hope this thread helps. Because all the threads on Fiio E6 are about the "older" units. So here is some more pictures

Mar 1, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 14
My E06 Fujiyama is exactly like yours, I got it two weeks ago, and I verified with the scratch code at their website. Fujiyama is just the new name of the E06 (like their other products with names of various mountains.)

I'm glad FiiO have switched to scratch codes. I was hesitant at first with E6s being counterfeited, but the newer batches (Fujiyama) are much more reliable. And I bought from AV-SHOP on amazon.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back