My Favorite Rock Album of All Time
Sep 27, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #31 of 34
I don't have time right now to even read that crazy review, but just b/c of the obvious love and effort that was put into it I will be checking this out before too long.

Sep 27, 2006 at 1:24 AM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @
I don't have time right now to even read that crazy review, but just b/c of the obvious love and effort that was put into it I will be checking this out before too long.

Ditto. An album that is worth the time to write that much praise about it has to be good.

Sep 27, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

By your description, it does not appear this is one of these records, and I do not wish to offend you, as I know we hold our favorite records near and dear to our hearts. I just wanted to make sure this isn't one of those records?

No offense taken at all, and it's okay to be skeptical. It's from an era that has a lot of questionable content.

Anyway, the album is not at all about drugs, and in fact, it's one of his most serious releases (if you could say such a thing about Todd).

Quote:

after reading this thread when it was first posted, i kept my eyes open for the album in my local record store, and one day it turned up, in perfect condition, in the used section. it was certianly one of the best buys i've ever made.

i was skeptical about the album at first; it was obviously masterful, but so... odd. over time (and not very much of it), the album grew on it immensely, and it is now without a doubt one of my favorite albums of all time

Wow. I'm so glad that I was able to make that possible! I believe it's a masterpiece which any music fan best hear. Nice work!

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #34 of 34
Wow. That's all I can say. This stuff is exactly what I was looking for in my thread. (http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200239) This really hits the spot...

I'll be looking into more of his albums for sure (as well as Trout Mask Replica). I downloaded it and the quality does sound questionable -definitely not the encoding- but the lack of gappless is killing me! I need the uninterrupted, raw music. I can't wait for my amp and headphones to come so I can just disappear; become utterly absorbed within the album. First time through and no real complaints other than those mentioned. I'm sure this will turn into an all time fav. for me as well.

Oh yea. The fact that all this was done by one person is simply mind boggling. If one day I can have the amount of talent this man has in a single finger, I'll be satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back