My Experience! Little dot MK iii ebay purchase from hifikanon
Nov 9, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #61 of 139
"Its people like me who complain that makes business smoother for the rest of us."

You've got to be kidding me!!

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #62 of 139
Ya, I think you are impatient. I worked with EMS before...they are wayyyy more disorganized than how they seems. Delays, mistakes are very common even before breakfast. But have patience and it will be sorted out. You are protected by PayPal anyway for 45 days.

The ending of the tracking says HK means it is shipped from HK. The first one that says CN means it is shipped from China. Don't call the seller liar or anything, maybe after your email the packages are lost and he decided to drop ship it to you from his supplier in HK.

A lot of reasons are possible. It will work out.

By the way, IMO you saying your complaining makes business smoother sounds like rationalizing your fear to me.

Best of luck to your transaction

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #63 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by counterpoint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jp11801 I am just documenting my experience in buying an amp from China from this seller.

Because in the end if we all want to buy a little dot amp we cannot go down to our local Best Buy and pick one up. We have to deal with sellers on ebay. Even the little dot website recommends their seller to you!

In creating this thread I have learned that I am not dealing with an authorized dealer of Little Dot... Should this be the lesson? Do I even have a warranty because I tried to save $10 on the cost and a bit more on shipping costs?

Day 13 is tomorrow... it might come to my doorstep! or better yet! it might actually leave China!!!

Its people like me who complain that makes business smoother for the rest of us.

I feel sorry for the seller.
No you do not have a warranty from LD.
All to save a few bucks,some are born to run second.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #64 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by counterpoint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jp11801 I am just documenting my experience in buying an amp from China from this seller.

I think it's OK to document your experience but you should have done it privately

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #65 of 139
The guy shipped it 9 days after he said he would. I have the right to get angry about it :) He confirmed the original shipping number is correct which states he shipped it on the 6th of November! For some reason I choose to believe the electronic information of EMS for when it was posted. Maybe he did not have it in stock when he made the sale?

2009-11-06 18:21:00 SHENZHEN Posting
  2009-11-06 18:47:00 FTCT Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-11-07 09:09:38 SHENZHEN Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-11-07 20:18:19 SHENZHEN Despatch from Sorting Center
  2009-11-08 09:13:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
  2009-11-08 10:13:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs
  2009-11-08 13:18:00 GUANGZHOU Released from Customs
  2009-11-08 13:48:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

He also updated the Ebay shipping info which states he shipped it on Nov 7th.

Paid on 27-Oct-09
Dispatched on 07-Nov-09 Price: US $189.99, Qty: 1 US $189.99
Estimated delivery: Varies*
UPS delivers within 1 - 2 days after seller ships the item.
UPS Worldwide Express US $40.00
Tracking: xxxxxxxxxxx (new number)

There are some things in life that are learning experiences. You have to experience them for yourself. Or you can read or hear about the experiences of other people. This is my experience of buying an amp from China on Ebay and I have definitely learned from it and I am sure some people have read this and learned from my experience as well. You can in fact save a few bucks and buy from this seller! But don't expect the delivery time stated in the ad. Delivery Time is approx. 3-10 business days to most US / UK / AU destinations.

The moral of the story is: That camera I am going to buy from ebay for Christmas for my wife? I should probably buy that two months in advance.

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #66 of 139
I have to laugh at the people that are chiding the poster for being impatient and for making his concerns about his dealings with hifikanon public... it's that type of enabling attitude that allowed Singlepower to do so much damage to the participants of Head-Fi.

So thank you counterpoint for sharing your experiences with us in your dealings hifikanon, and I hope everything turns out well for you in the end.

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #67 of 139
I just bought three amps from China, all different sellers (better than yours I hope)
At least they all had 100%, not to say that a few negatives don't necessarily mean anything given the new feedback rules.

I'm not expecting these anytime soon : )

China is hit and miss (mostly miss)

Sorta crazy to wait for stuff (may not be good for nerves)

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #68 of 139
You're dealing with a different market. If you were ripped off by a Chinese/Hong Kong ebayer, you wouldn't have received any response.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #69 of 139
Head-Direct just shipped my order 2 weeks late, and should I be venting out my experience? A little patience is in order, especially for things being shipped from China (and that's speaking from experience). Let the seller have the benefit of the doubt, and don't be jumping on every little detail.

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #70 of 139
Honestly, if you are buying from China you just need to go into it with a month's worth of patience or look elsewhere. Some companies can get stuff to you pretty quick but generally...
Ebay + China = 3-4 weeks. At least that is the equation for me, in the States.

If that doesn't work for you, buy local. China is always a crap shoot.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #71 of 139
China China China!

biggrin.gif

EK

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #72 of 139
I got my MKIV from davidzhezhe, Viewing a thread - Little Dot Models and Pricing Index
The cost was $4.01 more than you paid and a 2 year warranty, with the warranty backed up by David. Shipping was very fast.
I had a problem with my MK IV about 7 months into the warranty.
E-Mailed David, he replayed in about 2 hours with all the shipping info I would need, plus he reimbursed me half the shipping cost to send my MK IV SE to china for repairs.
He wanted the tracking # so he could make sure all was well and E-mailed me with the return tracking #.
About two/three weeks later I had my MK IV back at a total cost of $22.usd.

Moral of this story is make sure when you are buying a Headphone amp that you know who you are buying from.

ss

Nov 10, 2009 at 9:44 AM Post #74 of 139
Quote:

Originally Posted by fdhfdy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ebay should hold the money for the merchants until buyers receive the item and happy about that.

I take it that would apply for merchants from every country.

Nov 10, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #75 of 139
What about if a buyer takes a long time to confirm if the item is fine?
Is that fair for the seller?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back