My Ex Tried to Contact me On Facebook - What Should I Do?
Oct 9, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having said that, juggling women with no commitment is one thing, but the OP is in a committed relationship. Getting with the ex. under these circumstances is just wrong, and he will end up with nothing but a rash...

Very true, but using each other does not necessarily mean getting with each other (but lets be honest that is where it leads a lot of the time).

He could just use the ex as a bit of a jealousy tool against his current gf. Now I am just giving you an example of what could be done and not suggesting people do this. Playing games like that usually leads to some very messy can of worms unless you are very experienced in dealing with these situations.

Oct 9, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #47 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hit it.

You're single, aren't you?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When it comes to this kind of topic, I play the numbers game. I could care less when people say, "oh but we ended on good terms..." Odds are this will get very ugly based on what the OP has said thus far.

Relationships never end on good terms, otherwise they wouldn't end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very true, but using each other does not necessarily mean getting with each other (but lets be honest that is where it leads a lot of the time).

He could just use the ex as a bit of a jealousy tool against his current gf. Now I am just giving you an example of what could be done and not suggesting people do this. Playing games like that usually leads to some very messy can of worms unless you are very experienced in dealing with these situations.

Holy ---- ! Normal relationships are complicated enough. You're advocating taking it to a whole different level of dysfunction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I should be explaining to her like I have a partner and not really interested in talking to her, I mean that will sound a bit awkward and cruel and she'll probably think :"well who the *beep* do you think you are?".

Maybe just pretend I've never seen her messages eh? It's a shame really (well not really a shame since I have a wonderful partner), but if I were single and free I would've enjoyed some sexy time with her.

The proper thing to do would be to reply to her messages. Somewhere in the first reply you should work in that you are in a relationship (if you want to stay in the relationship). If you do it tactfully and don't rub it in her face, then it's up to her how she feels about it.
Whether you tell your partner or not depends on how you think she will react (not necessarily logically) and whether you want your present relationship to stay the way it is. Either way you will catch grief. Pick the way you think nets you the least. Whatever you do, don't meet your ex behind your partner's back or you will soon be single again. They usually find out.

By the way, have you noticed that even after a split ex's can still cause you problems. That's why they're ex's.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #48 of 63
97353310_f6429942d3.jpg

ponder the deeper issue.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #51 of 63
Don't think your current girlfriend has right to tell you to throw old photo's away, like she is more important than your life before her. Did you tell her to throw away all photos of previous boyfriends? betcha didn't.

I'd run and not look back.

Oct 10, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #56 of 63
Is everyone here incapable of being friends with an ex? I see a significant other as a friend you happen to be physically attracted to. If the connection is lost, can't you still be friends?

I talk to my ex every once in a while and it's no big deal. Yes, I do have a girlfriend and she is perfectly okay with what I do.

Oct 11, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well my ex girlfriend whom I've lost contact for maybe 10 years tried to contact me via facebook. She's sending me message to find out whether it's me or someone else.

As much as I want a free 'just for the old time' shag, but I am not single and she doesn't live here anyway. Also I don't think my current partner would like the idea of me having a regular contact with my ex.

I actually don't really want to get in touch anyway, but part of me also curious about how she's actually doing now.

What do you guys think I should do?

I made a poll.

PS: I hate Facebook. I subscribed to it because my family sort of forced me to.

Acknowledge her, say hi, and leave it at that.Pursuing anything else ("free shag") will just open up a can of worms and put you in a sticky situation, being that you are not single.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is everyone here incapable of being friends with an ex? I see a significant other as a friend you happen to be physically attracted to. If the connection is lost, can't you still be friends?

I talk to my ex every once in a while and it's no big deal. Yes, I do have a girlfriend and she is perfectly okay with what I do.

Reality check. Are you mature enough to see the person as a friend or a good lay? Don't ruin a friend over sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back