my e2c is about to die, and i'm looking for a fair inheritor
Feb 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

itorra

New Head-Fier
So I've been using e2c for almost 5 years and after a while of cable-roll-neglection I have some kind of bad connection with the left channel in the flex part of the 90-deg connector.

I want to spend around the 130-150$.

I can't listen to any of your recommendations cause the local stores here don't have any, and anyway I buy it online (again local stores are too poor).

I really liked the e2c sound, the sound was warm and the bass was accurate for me (flat on ipod classic) ,
it was comfort on ear and the wire around the ear style is must.

I use it only outdoor with ipod classic.

Please help me choose

Feb 16, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 7
Have you looked into the SE215? If you enjoyed Shure's house sound that might be a good place to start.

Quote:
So I've been using e2c for almost 5 years and after a while of cable-roll-neglection I have some kind of bad connection with the left channel in the flex part of the 90-deg connector.

I want to spend around the 130-150$.

I can't listen to any of your recommendations cause the local stores here don't have any, and anyway I buy it online (again local stores are too poor).

I really liked the e2c sound, the sound was warm and the bass was accurate for me (flat on ipod classic) ,
it was comfort on ear and the wire around the ear style is must.

I use it only outdoor with ipod classic.

Please help me choose

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Yeap, right now it's my first priority. but as you said it's a natural reaction to shure's sound .

Is there some who think differently ? any better choices around that range?

If the wire around the ear is a must, I would look into the Sony MDR-EX600. It's about $30 more than the SE215 and has a little bit different sound signature but IMO it is a far better sounding phone than the Shure. 

Feb 17, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 7
Check out the Etymotic HF5 -- similar but more detailed and very durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back