My DT990 looks different than most. Can someone explain?
May 22, 2013 at 8:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Stealthy Ninja

New Head-Fier
I got a pair of DT 990 yesterday.  I really like the sound personally, not here to debate that.

It's just I searched online and most of the images of the DT990 look like this:

However mine look like this:

Is there anything I should be worried about?

May 22, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Yours are the 600Ω version, if you look at the plug there should be a 600 on it.
The other ones that look different are 32Ω and 250Ω versions.

Nothing to worry about.
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Yours are the 600Ω version, if you look at the plug there should be a 600 on it.
The other ones that look different are 32Ω and 250Ω versions.

Nothing to worry about.
beerchug.gif

Thanks TrollDragon. :)

I thought that too, but there's no 600 on the plug and the box said it's a 250Ω version.  Also it can be driven relatively well by an iphone. I have to turn it all the way up on an iPhone to get enough sound, even so I'll say it's not the 32Ω version, because my Philips L1 is much louder at a given volume level and that's [size=small] 26[/size]Ω.  

I'm assuming the 600Ω version wouldn't be very loud at all even at max volume on an iPhone.  Right?

The plug does have the flat areas where the 600 should be, it's just not there.

Quote:
That's the one with improved headband.

Oh that's cool, I don't mind an improved headband (obviously).  Thanks syryanyang.

I'm going to assume Beyer has started making the 250Ω version with better headbands.  Would that be right?

May 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #5 of 6
I learn something new every day...
biggrin.gif

Then I'd say you have a new headband style DT990 Premium 250Ω version.
beyerdynamic and Amazon etc need to update their images / info...

I have the DT880 Pro's which are default 250Ω and there is no number on their plug either.

As far as loudness my FiiO E11 will just drive my Pro's, it's volume has to be close to full with the Colorfly C3 feeding it. My E17 does a little better as I can select a 12dB gain for the low output C3. If your looking for a good portable amp the C&C BH has a decent output, not E12 scale but better than the E11 or E17.

Enjoy the DT900's, great can!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back