My DIY interconnects...okay?
Jun 5, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #91 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, enjoy your SPC!

Consider it done, but I'll still try to build a silver cable this weekend and do some listening in an effort to keep an open mind and a free-flowing debate.

Jun 5, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #92 of 96
Don't forget to break it in. The best easiest way to do it is to take the whole roll of wire and make it a leg on a 50 watt light bulb for about 48 hours before using it in your cable.

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #95 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That cables sound different to you (and others) is perfectly fine and not in the least bit intellectually dishonest. That you cannot accept the possibility--even for the sake of argument--that perceived sonic differences may owe more to external factors than to conductor material, is.

Well, I'll admit to having a trollish edge to my cynicism.

And to that end, I'll quote Bertrand Russel, who once said, "the trouble with the world is that the stupid are ****sure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

I'm sure he was saying that purely out of frustration, but what he was talking about was scientific rigor.

Scientists are full of doubt. They want things to be true, but they do not allow themselves the luxury of belief.

Moreover, there is no proof - there is only disproof.

Thus, they seek to disprove their theories, and when they find themselves unable to disprove themselves, even after trying really hard, they grudgingly accept that their theory has merit, and make haste to request that their peers also attempt to disprove their theory.

It's not fun, it's science.

But we're not allowed to discuss the disproving of cable theory here, so, I'm out.

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #96 of 96
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The scientific method involves more than just about proving it to yourself. The idea is to prove it to other people by showing them how to replicate your results.

just listen to different cables.

thats all there is to it. either you hear it or you dont. people who dont hear a difference should not insert their opinion about cables to people who do. period. this is like people who don't hear a difference between i-buds and grado sr-60's on a different scale. by saying "i have listened to different cables and the is no difference in any" you are saying the same thing as "i have listened to grado sr-60 and i-buds and there is no difference."

i will agree it is a smaller difference between even great and pretty average cables and that the "wrong" interconnect isn't as bad as the wrong headphone or the wrong phono cartridge, but there are differences.

please note: i insert no personal preferences into that above bit. some people DO hear the differences between the SR-60 and the i-bud and prefer the i-bud. i think they are sick individuals, but they have a right to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back