My DIY electrostatic headphones
Sep 6, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #1,535 of 4,058

I make the headphones on my own pace.  They'll take me at least 1-2 weeks to make a pair.

The cost of material isn't that much at all. 

Well, knowledge is power, and it shows! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #1,536 of 4,058
Chinsettawong,

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished headphones and hearing your impressions.

Thanks for sharing your processes.

I may have over-looked it...what make/model 3D printer are you using? ...and, what software?

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #1,541 of 4,058
To my ears, they are same, same. However, I very much prefer the look of wood cups to plastic ones.

Wachara C.

Then you HAVE to try the wood filament from laywoo d3 or colorfabb.if you print at the same temperature throughout your print, it will look like cardboard color, but there is a tutorial from the net to immitate wood grain. Wood is my favourite 3d printing material now, and I also planning to print headphones part from it.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #1,542 of 4,058
Then you HAVE to try the wood filament from laywoo d3 or colorfabb.if you print at the same temperature throughout your print, it will look like cardboard color, but there is a tutorial from the net to immitate wood grain. Wood is my favourite 3d printing material now, and I also planning to print headphones part from it.

I just bought a roll of that stuff last Saturday, and I'll try it sometime.  :)

Wachara C.

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #1,543 of 4,058
A local friend came to see my last weekend.  He brought with him a pair of his version of Omega style headphones.  We put them up with 3 microns diaphragms.  They sounded very lovely.

He is already into making another pair.  I'm sure they'll look and sound even better. 
jecklinsmile.gif

Wachara C.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #1,545 of 4,058
Hi Bootdsc,

I didn't have to do anything.  I print all these parts out and they fit together nicely.

Well, at the beginning, all the prints were a big mess.  But now, I think I know what I'm doing and everything comes out OK.

Wachara C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back