My Denon Ah-d1001s bit the dust, looking for alternative closed headphones
Mar 1, 2011 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

digitaldurandal

New Head-Fier
I absolutely loved my Denon's

I am going to attempt a recable on them with information I found on this board.

In the mean time however, I am interested in finding some comparible headphones

Here are my needs:

Less than 150$
Does not require amplification
Closed

I know many of you know a lot more about headphones than I do and was hoping you could throw some suggestions my way on what headphones to look out for, especially if you have experience with the ah-d1001 and could compare them directly.

I was going to post on the fs/ft forums that i WTB a pair of used headphones in this range but I think I cannot because I am new, so if you have some you are looking to offload that meet my criteria let me know.

Thanks,
Digi

Mar 1, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 7
Audio technica m50 fits it, a shure srh750dj requires an amp but is near the 150 mark though.

Maybe look at the d1100 ?

no experience with any decent headphone though so take my advice without even a grain of salt

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 7
For the money, you can't go wrong with ATH-M50. They get as much or more head time as my HD650s and HE-5LEs. They sound great straight out of a portable or laptop. Pretty decent noise isolation, to boot.

Mar 1, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Some additional options for ya:

Denon AH-D1100

Sennheiser HD448

Shure SRH440

Mar 1, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #6 of 7
You have a point there, however since i am recabling (sp) them I thought I would get another set of cans to compare to.

Anyone heard the Ah-d1100? supposedly sounds better than the 1001? It seems to be a little more expensive though.

Mar 2, 2011 at 6:35 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
You have a point there, however since i am recabling (sp) them I thought I would get another set of cans to compare to.

Anyone heard the Ah-d1100? supposedly sounds better than the 1001? It seems to be a little more expensive though.

supposedly the d1100 has a bigger soundstage and is more bass-inclined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back