my dad sais i'll be deaf when i'm 30
Oct 31, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #46 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean he thinks the music is to loud when HE IS WEARING my headphones..***

and i can still understand what people are saying when music is playing........my music cant be that loud right?????????

Well, even that could be indication that it might be a bit too loud. Ask him what about it he thinks is too loud. You have to remember that what you hear through headphones because of the close proximity of the drivers to your eardrum does'nt have to be (& probably shouldn't be) as loud as you would listen to something without headphones to get the same amount of information. A thing to remember here is if your father's hearing is a bit more sensitive than your's is, this should be telling you something! Even the comment about being deaf by the time you're 30 is a bit telling, otherwise the comment might have been a simple "A bit loud, don't you think!". At least consider the possibility . One other thing , I haven't read through all the posts in this thread ,but I would bet that at least one poster will have made a comment about how something appeared loud but they got used to it & it didn't seem as loud . This is true this does happen because the eardrum is trying to protect itself & although the amount may be slight it a loss of hearing that is making the volume sound more reasonable. The volume is still just as loud as you thought it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back