my dad sais i'll be deaf when i'm 30
Oct 29, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 46
Your Dad thinks you'll be deaf soon and I can tell from your writing you're already dumb so how's your eyesight?
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 46
D'oh. Did you not see his Location?

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #19 of 46
ok thanks for the advice. I guess its time to start using that volume limiter on my dap :d

and the writing is bs..i never learned english at school..

Oct 29, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 46
my dad told me the exact thing, "you'll go deaf!" his screaming can be pretty loud at times, but as longs you don't stress your ears for really long periods it's ok. if there's no other sounds around max volume is just stupid anyway, missing all the good subtle parts. i tested my hearing in the army, and got a top score, and i've been addicted to portable sound for a long time. no problems mate.

Oct 30, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #21 of 46
If you can still hear people talking while listening to music with a pair of closed headphones, like I do, your hearing should be fine for a long time to come. I wonder if the problem was mainly that your dad doesn't like your music.

Oh, and I'm nearly a full nine years past 30 and I still hear great. My girlfriend hates that I easily hear both sides of other people's phone conversations.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your Dad thinks you'll be deaf soon and I can tell from your writing you're already dumb so how's your eyesight?
evil_smiley.gif

1) Writing or typing?
2) The "D" in dad does not need to be in capitals.
3) And I think you may be missing a semicolon after the word dumb.

So what's your eyesight?

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #24 of 46
I guess dads are like that. Well you should try reassure him! Buy an SPL meter, take the reading and show him the data. Then he won't have to worry and you can get him off your back.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #28 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Education does not equal intelligence. If you were really smart you would know that.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 10:27 AM Post #30 of 46
Well, I've been told by thousands before that I'll be deaf because there was no other person around who used headphones that extensively and regularly as me. Know the limits and you are alright.
Infact people who don't use headphones and on the streets of big cities like London would be deaf even before we go deaf. If you use London tubes (In particular Jubilee & Central Lines) quite often you'll come to know.
Happy listening...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back