my DAC design - pup1 DAC
Jun 8, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #301 of 675
It's all good in the hood.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #302 of 675
All shipped!

I didn't have as many TPS chips as I thought - I gave you each two of them besides the other stuff.  I also included a BOM in each package.  The BOM was revised to show the OPA2835 opamp - that's the recommended one at this point.

Let us know that you received the package OK and good luck on the builds!

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #304 of 675
Quote:
If you don't mind me asking, what is the approximate cost of the full BOM?

With the PCB, about $75.  That's not counting any casework, though.

That may change in production.  I don't have a good feel for the PCB price right now.  It all depends on how many we order, plus, there will be electrical testing charges.  Cobaltmute feels that the PCB is complex enough that electrical testing of the PCB's is warranted, and I agree.

That's a charge in PCB manufacturing that many of us never use on through-hole designs, but is probably critical for this board.

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #306 of 675
Thanks Tom

Quote:
All shipped!

I didn't have as many TPS chips as I thought - I gave you each two of them besides the other stuff.  I also included a BOM in each package.  The BOM was revised to show the OPA2835 opamp - that's the recommended one at this point.

Let us know that you received the package OK and good luck on the builds!

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #307 of 675
Thats where the board house tests each board to make sure it has no shorts or opens in the traces.

Quote:
Got it, thanks!
What exactly does electrical testing entail (forgive my ignorance)?

Jun 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #309 of 675
Thanks Tom!

Got a few projects on the burner so I'm foaming at the mouth here :wink: I'll most likely build this along with "The Wire" amp and then decide to maybe stick the whole thing in one case or do separate casing. Let the fun begin!

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #311 of 675
I'm trying to keep the case at a minimum size. I just bought one of these... http://glass-ware.stores.yahoo.net/psbilops.html for the power supply because I couldn't get a "Wire" PS PCB. It's 4.5 x 2.2 in so that's going to force my amp to be bigger than I wanted it to be. Add in the pup1 and I'm going to need more space. I think I'd need a case at least 10" wide to make it happen, which negates the "stay small" thang. So that's why I'm on the fence about it. If I do it I'm going to figure out how to add in a switch to go between the pup1 as a source and RCA inputs and use another DAC as my source. Either way with this power supply and transformer it's going to have to be 6 to 7 inches wide to begin with vs. separating the pup1 and using the standard Hammond case. Hrrmmmm.

Jun 11, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #315 of 675
Yea, I was fortunate to fine someone with a spare SE/SE board they were willing to part with. It's a shame - from everything I read it's suppose to be a fantastic amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back