My cat tore up my Virtual Dynamics Power 3...
Mar 28, 2008 at 2:02 PM Post #511 of 773
I don't see any problem trying out a cable for free. In fact, I would like to try a VD power cable with my amp to see if it would make a difference.

Mar 28, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #512 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This type of activity (being solicited by PM from a vendor or manufacturer) is against the TOU and is a bannable offense. It fits right in with signing in under another username after being banned, as Acoustic Chef did.

If solicitations were OK, every MOT would be filling your inbox with PM's faster than a bunch of pigeons jumping on a crust of bread dropped by a person eating a sandwich in the park.

It just keeps getting better
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had no idea this was against the terms of use. This forum is full of people who have gotten "free" VD cables to "try out". Well, in any case... Since you apparently aren't aware of it, Acoustic Chef is back and he's still shilling under at least two new usernames. I'll let you know what they are if you're interested.

See ya
Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzlepaw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just thought I would draw moderator attention to this post.

Definitely neither accurate nor cool...

-Brad

Quote:

OK. In the interest of accuracy, here's the PM...

---------
Grizzlepaw
Sponsor
Virtual Dynamics

Subject: Wana try?
Date: 03-21-2008, 12:09 AM

Hello Bigshot,

I was wondering if you would like to try one of our cables?

If so could you let me know your system (all components)
--------

Smooth move... VD guys should start a comedy crew. You guys have given me a lot of laughs in the past week.

Mar 28, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #514 of 773
Quote:

My motto is "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I wonder how many people here on this forum have been made an offer like this and have accepted.

See ya
Steve

Common bigshot, I'll send you one Power 3 with dynamic filtering and one with-out then let you hear the difference yourself.
wink.gif

-Brad

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #515 of 773
My chihuahua prefers to chew on Rat Shacks.

See ya
Steve

Mar 28, 2008 at 5:32 PM Post #516 of 773
The problem is, even if it's free snake oil, it's still snake oil.

What we really would like to know is who is working for your extraordinary successful research and development department.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #517 of 773
Quote:

Common bigshot, I'll send you one Power 3 with dynamic filtering and one with-out then let you hear the difference yourself.
wink.gif

-Brad

Can you permit to others to hear that ? I will be very interested to hear what it do with and without.

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #518 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vul Kuolun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is, even if it's free snake oil, it's still snake oil.

The bigger problem is, how can we trust the reviews of other posters if they're receiving "free gifts" as a "courtesy" to "help" them write [positive] reviews of the product. This is basically an attempt to plant shills in the board, and it seems to be working. Many of the positive reviews of VD products in this group appear to be from people who never paid for the wires they're reviewing.

See ya
Steve

Mar 28, 2008 at 10:55 PM Post #519 of 773
I don't mind that so long as they have to return them. And when what's happening is above board. Skylab sent his iBasso T2 to a number of people, with the provision that they had to post their impressions in the thread that was started for that purpose. I was one of the people who got the amp and I was happy to participate. And I gave it a mediocre review
wink.gif
It finally convinced me that I don't want a portable amp.

Mar 28, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #520 of 773
Quote:

wink.gif

-Brad

Focus on more open mind.

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #521 of 773
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't mind that so long as they have to return them. And when what's happening is above board. Skylab sent his iBasso T2 to a number of people, with the provision that they had to post their impressions in the thread that was started for that purpose. I was one of the people who got the amp and I was happy to participate. And I gave it a mediocre review
wink.gif
It finally convinced me that I don't want a portable amp.

I agree- that is totally fine and beneficial to this community, but it is also completely different than this situation.

Mar 29, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #523 of 773
Quote:

The bigger problem is, how can we trust the reviews of other posters if they're receiving "free gifts" as a "courtesy" to "help" them write [positive] reviews of the product. This is basically an attempt to plant shills in the board, and it seems to be working. Many of the positive reviews of VD products in this group appear to be from people who never paid for the wires they're reviewing.

See ya
Steve

I have to ask. If you are given the opportunity to try a cable at no cost, and you turn it down, you really don't want to know do you?

To challenge those of us that received a free cable as becoming shills is offensive and asinine as well as arrogant. I would not have paid the list price for the cable I received, not having listened to it. Since I have been able to listen to it in my system, I am now willing to try others in my financial comfort zone. I found that the cable did have a positive impact on my amp. It has been confirmed by listening to it for several months and then going back to the original cable.

I have been asking dealers of A/V for information justifying cable claims. There are none. The best answer given is that every component has a specific need that is matched with that cable. They have several lines of components and listen to cables to confirm benefits. They know what lines of component manufacturers match with which cables. Of course the cost vs. benefits are up to the buyer. But to say that cables make no difference and then not take up the offer to try one is just being blissfully ignorant and passionately obstinate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back