My Car
Dec 26, 2009 at 3:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Redo

Headphoneus Supremus
Sure it's a van, and it's aging, but I love it
biggrin.gif
!

500627264_1_B.jpg

(stock photo, nearly identical to mine, color and all)

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Two questions:
1) Are you a mom?
2) Do your kids play soccer?

I turned sixteen in august of '01, so this has been my inherited vehicle ever since
icon10.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 25
Are you my mom of 8 years ago?

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not something I would advertise publicly. You could make love in that, for sure.

If the green minivan is a-rockin', wonder how the hell Redo tricked a girl into coming into his car.
icon10.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 25
Since 2001? That was almost nine years ago. You truly need something fun.

Not to criticize minivans. I actually like them. I've rented a few and occasionally drivemy sister's. They're decent transportation and incredibly handy.

But unless you own something impractical, obscenely
fast or really old (or any combination thereof), you really
haven't driven.

If I were you, I'd comb Craigslist for vehicles under $1,000. Get sometbing ratty and old then wrench on it. A third generation Camaro, old Miata, any trashed truck made before 1960, or anything that catches your eye. Just buy it and learn to live with it.

Oh, and you really need to learn how to drive a stick.

So keep the minivan as reliable wheels, but get something old and requiring work. You won't regret it. Maybe pick up a motorcycle, as well.

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since 2001? That was almost nine years ago. You truly need something fun.

Not to criticize minivans. I actually like them. I've rented a few and occasionally drivemy sister's. They're decent transportation and incredibly handy.

But unless you own something impractical, obscenely
fast or really old (or any combination thereof), you really
haven't driven.

If I were you, I'd comb Craigslist for vehicles under $1,000. Get sometbing ratty and old then wrench on it. A third generation Camaro, old Miata, any trashed truck made before 1960, or anything that catches your eye. Just buy it and learn to live with it.

Oh, and you really need to learn how to drive a stick.

So keep the minivan as reliable wheels, but get something old and requiring work. You won't regret it. Maybe pick up a motorcycle, as well.

My family has corvettes and my grandpa has had a lot of motorcycles, constantly cycling through them (trading, selling, and buying). That doesn't mean I can bring those into my life at this point =b. But I have experienced some fun vehicles in the meantime >;D

But any vehicle has an attachment value to it, regardless of the make or model. This van is one of those attachments
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I drive a Subaru wagon.

Are you a lesbian?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back