My Car
Dec 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nooc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Envious? I heard you are going in the Navy.

Nice counterpoint, but my own choice...
tongue.gif

We'll see how it works, out, though!

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since 2001? That was almost nine years ago. You truly need something fun.

Not to criticize minivans. I actually like them. I've rented a few and occasionally drivemy sister's. They're decent transportation and incredibly handy.

But unless you own something impractical, obscenely
fast or really old (or any combination thereof), you really
haven't driven.

If I were you, I'd comb Craigslist for vehicles under $1,000. Get sometbing ratty and old then wrench on it. A third generation Camaro, old Miata, any trashed truck made before 1960, or anything that catches your eye. Just buy it and learn to live with it.

Oh, and you really need to learn how to drive a stick.

So keep the minivan as reliable wheels, but get something old and requiring work. You won't regret it. Maybe pick up a motorcycle, as well.

This is very true. My inherited car was a 95 Sidekick that I still have and still use (it has passed into my sister's hands now). Not a sport car by any length, but an extremely fun car to drive around the city in.

When I had to buy a new car this year, I wanted something with a little more space so I could actually use it to move stuff around but I wanted impracticality as well. Naturally, I bought a Wrangler. Enough space for my stuff, and impractical for daily road driving, but damned if I'm not going to have some off-road fun with it this summer!

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #22 of 25
I actually love vans, they're so homey and great for roadtrips!!

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #24 of 25
KEEP IT, If it runs good just think of all the albums from garage sales or equipment you can haul!!!!some good tunes and just drive it......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back