My Brainwavz M4 is dead
Sep 10, 2012 at 3:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bonjurkes

New Head-Fier
And I am sad. I am not so great about earphones, but I actually used to like the sound quality of M4 (maybe I just feel it like that). I dropped it from my pocket accidentally so now right channel is dead, it is just making some hissing noise and it bugs me and gives me a headache so I can't really use it. As I result I am looking for a new ear phone. It was like less than a year when I bought my M4, I am not sure if the warranty (they say it has warranty) covers this situation but whatever.

I am just a bit confused right now. If it's really a good idea to buy brainwavz products, or just buy some other brand. I used to like sennheisers, but not sure if they are great like it's told (for under 100 bucks earphones)

So if I decide to buy a brainwavz again, what model should I buy with same sound quality or a bit better ? 70 dollars is the current price of M4, and it's too much I think (I bought it from a sale time) , or am I wrong. I am not really planning to buy same or similar model with same price, I will wait or buy an alternative.

Sep 10, 2012 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 8
I would try to RMA them tbh if they have no visible damage.

Try the CKM500s, they have fairly good build quality, I think they end up being $55 or so including postage. 

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 8
Haha that's good to hear :) 

Love it when companies do that, only other time I've heard it happen is with Logitech. 

But wouldn't it be better for R & D and Quality Control to have the broken unit back?

I mean they could then inspect it, determine the problem, and improve their product line.

I'm just sayin, Jim

Oct 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Once again my M4 is dead. It's such a shame, I dropped my sennheiser's many times but this one got dead again, when it slipped from my pocket with my mobile phone and hit to floor.

I got the replacement like 1.5 months ago, I asked for RMA again, not sure if they will accept it this time tho.

Replacement earphone design was different than the original earphones, with more thick and durable cables, but looks like whenever those earphones hit to floor once, they die. I am not planning to buy brainwavz again actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Back