My best gaming headphone
Jul 16, 2013 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ggpops

New Head-Fier
When I say gaming headphone, I don't mean that I want a mic, volume control or any other external feature. I want a can with mostly linear bass extension - flat sub bass that doesn't recess with midbass that doesn't interfere with male vocals. I also want imaging that allows me to accurately pinpoint where gunshots, footsteps and the like are coming from. Headphone size, appearance, cable length and etc are irrelevant. They will be used sparingly for hip hop, house, "older" rock and home theater.

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
When I say gaming headphone, I don't mean that I want a mic, volume control or any other external feature. I want a can with mostly linear bass extension - flat sub bass that doesn't recess with midbass that doesn't interfere with male vocals. I also want imaging that allows me to accurately pinpoint where gunshots, footsteps and the like are coming from. Headphone size, appearance, cable length and etc are irrelevant. They will be used sparingly for hip hop, house, "older" rock and home theater.

Listing a budget would be helpful.
Also more details on what the headphones are going to be plugged into?

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Loud environment? Loud fans, LAN parties, other gamers or family members around you? Get closed back. I can recommend DT 770s 250 Ohm on a limited budget and T5Ps for that big spender type of fun.

For quiet surroundings, open back are good. More "soundstage" by a bit and as such slightly better seperation between left and right. Money no object, I'd say the Senn 800 are the worlds best gaming headphone. :p Nice and bright to hear every far aways breath. No loud bass hump to blow your brains out while sniping from your camping, err tactical concealment spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back