My baby is here!!!!
Nov 12, 2001 at 1:24 AM Post #46 of 57
Congratulations!!!!
biggrin.gif

I hope he likes music, after all, he'll be the one who keeps this site alive when we're all 80 something, and he'll be the one who expand the popularity of headphones!!
biggrin.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 3:52 AM Post #49 of 57
Whats really funny about that Rohorn is that of all the people here I am probably the only one who really *understands* how utterly sarcastic that last part of your post was.
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2001 at 6:42 PM Post #50 of 57
Onix,

Congratulations. My wife and I are working on making one right now (well, not while I'm typing this...more than you wanted to know?).

Nov 12, 2001 at 11:36 PM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Whats really funny about that Rohorn is that of all the people here I am probably the only one who really *understands* how utterly sarcastic that last part of your post was.

I may have been born at night,but not LAST NIGHT

Nov 12, 2001 at 11:43 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by dgs
Onix,

Congratulations. My wife and I are working on making one right now (well, not while I'm typing this...more than you wanted to know?).

Ahem......yes, quite more than the level I wanted.

But, since you brought it up, when ARE you gonna call the stork?

rolleyes.gif

Nov 13, 2001 at 3:57 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij

when ARE you gonna call the stork?

Too big a question for these days. Being an MD in NYC has its disadvantages. For one, the amount of stress here is through the roof, and evidence suggests that children born of women pregnant during wars or times of stress suffer later from more health and emotional problems. For two, the idea of being exposed to any chemical/biological agents is bad enough, but when you're pregnant??? I don't think I could ask my wife to walk around with that kind of responsibility on her mind right now.

Nov 14, 2001 at 1:49 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by dgs

Too big a question for these days. Being an MD in NYC has its disadvantages. For one, the amount of stress here is through the roof, and evidence suggests that children born of women pregnant during wars or times of stress suffer later from more health and emotional problems. For two, the idea of being exposed to any chemical/biological agents is bad enough, but when you're pregnant??? I don't think I could ask my wife to walk around with that kind of responsibility on her mind right now.

Yep, being a first time mother is a very stressful situation already. You are a doctor, so you know what's best for your wife. I could recommend that you take a 9 month sabbatical in Mexico City to get things rolling and have the baby. I can't say its an envinroment devoid of bad chemical and biological agents, but it's a good place to call the stork. Even better is Cancun or Ixtapa
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anyway, what I am triying to say is to wait if you really feel like waiting. There's no need to rush important things like that.

Nov 14, 2001 at 4:18 PM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix

I could recommend that you take a 9 month sabbatical in Mexico City to get things rolling and have the baby.

Sounds like a great plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back