My Audio-Technica ATH-AD2000 need the 3.5mm plug replaced because the connection is loose. Can anyone help?
Jun 1, 2010 at 5:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi.... I've started to have issues with the 3.5mm plug on my AD2000s.
When the strain relief of the 3.5mm plug bends, the signal crackles and/or cuts out.

Pretty much all I need is for someone to replace the plug with another 3.5mm somehow..

I would replace this myself with another 3.5mm plug, but lack the experience to reterminate my AD2000s if I'm to feel comfortable selling them in the future.

Would anyone be able to help me out?
I'm from (and can travel within) London...

Many thanks,
Reza

Jun 3, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #4 of 34
Who dares wins mate...
wink.gif

You can always get help at troubleshooting if needs be.

Jun 4, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 34
I heard Audio Technica is doing a cable recall. You can get your cables replaced for free minus shipping costs. I would contact Audio Technica right away. 

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 34

Quote:
Wouldn't that take a few weeks..?

I believe it would take a few weeks regardless of what option you choose. You could look for a friendly head-fier in your area to help out, otherwise you'll need to send it in to get it recabled or reterminated eventually. 

Jun 9, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 34
Solder on a new plug or let someone else do that for you (handy neighbor, DIY store, ....). It's really not hard to do.

Jun 16, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 34

Quote:
I have no other headphones or speakers...if I send them off now...I have no sound on my pc/mp3 player for weeks :/

Holy moly, a head-fier with only ONE pair of headphones and no speakers?!?
Perfect excuse then to buy stuff you don't really need-bwahahahaha  
devil_face.gif

But seriously though why not buy a more portable pair of earbuds or something in the meantime-doesn't even have to be anything fancy.  I own like 5 pairs of cheaper headphones in addition to my nice ones.  I know reading head-fi makes you feel like you have to go and buy a $200 pair of headphones every time but trust me, you can get plenty decent sound to tide you over for ~$20.

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #14 of 34
I just need the 3.5mm plug replaced. I'm fairly sure shipping to and from America would cost me upwards of $50..
I wish these things had a modular cable, that would really simplify things.

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #15 of 34
oh you dont live in USA.  its simple to do the 3.5mm plug.   all you need to know is which wire goes, put it in the hole and crimp it with needlenose pliers.  dont even have to solder.  soldering is easy though.  just hold the soldering iron to the contact, press some solder on there and release the iron and your done.  simple as that.  blue/black is usually common ground, left is white and red is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back