My ATH-ES7s failed, in desperate need of something more comfortable with bass
Dec 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

simmsa

New Head-Fier
Hey, 

I have had my ES7s for a year and recently the left earpiece stopped working (the wire probably detached) and although I know I can probably send them back to Audio-Technica for repair, they are the most uncomfortable headphones I have ever worn, pinching my temples in a vice like grip (I tried the "mod" it does not work for me). Anyways I need recommendations for a replacement, something preferably with some real bass as I found it was really lacking in the ES7s. I enjoy listening to Alternative/Rock/Jazz/Funk/Electronic. I would rather consider something more pricey than the ES7s that will last me a long time although I am a student and I dont have more than 200-250 to shell out... 

Please let me know what to do as I am suffering with the ultra crappy apple earphones that do not fit in my ears which are painful! 
triportsad.gif

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 2
Audio Technica ATH-M50
or
Sennheiser HD25-1 (HD25-C II, same but with coilded cable...)
or
Beyerdynamic DT 770
or
Beyerdynamic DT 880
or
Beyerdynamic DT 990
or
German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor
....etc.

Well, I am not so sure about if some of them are similar in sound singnature to ATH-ES7 but after all, any one of them, ^^ mentioned is big step forward in terms of SQ for You, definitely.

My best,

F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back