My ATH-CK10 broke! Questions about warranty service and I could use suggestions for a new pair!
Jan 10, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 21
Yeah, but it was just 1 year and you said that you weren't rough with them..which prompted the surprise factor.

Anyways, good luck with recabling them..personally I would have opted to go for a new pair of phones, but I understand that sometimes it's not a comfortable feeling - not knowing if the next pair will have the sound characterstic that you crave.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm quite surprised you broke these since almost everyone sings praises of it's excellent build quality.  

Surely you don't believe that plastic can be indestructible and that the IEM with the best built quality of all time wouldn't be destroyed if you don't treat them with the care they deserve? 

In any case, my experiences with Audio Technica's customer service has always been very good, and they always provide out of warranty repair services at very reasonable prices, so I wouldn't be worried if I were you.

Jan 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #17 of 21
Update! I cannot find the box, it was really small and crappy (plastic) so my mom may have tossed it after I went off to college. Keenzo.com is also still performing their "update" of customer records which they said would take 24 hours at least 2 days ago. Would this even be sufficient? I have basically given up on finding the UPC code and I'm not sure if an online record would suffice. 

If I can't provide proof of purchase I should at least get an estimate before repairs...If they end up wanting to replace it I'm not sure what I'll do... I'm flying out to virginia 2 days from now so I can only wait another day for keenzo. I hope they get their crap together! If anyone is thinking about ordering from keenzo I would advise against it. This level of support is ridiculous.

Edit: Tried emailing keenzo. Disconnected/broken webpage. How long has this been going on. Are they out of business?

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
Update! I cannot find the box, it was really small and crappy (plastic) so my mom may have tossed it after I went off to college. Keenzo.com is also still performing their "update" of customer records which they said would take 24 hours at least 2 days ago. Would this even be sufficient? I have basically given up on finding the UPC code and I'm not sure if an online record would suffice. 

If I can't provide proof of purchase I should at least get an estimate before repairs...If they end up wanting to replace it I'm not sure what I'll do... I'm flying out to virginia 2 days from now so I can only wait another day for keenzo. I hope they get their crap together! If anyone is thinking about ordering from keenzo I would advise against it. This level of support is ridiculous.

Edit: Tried emailing keenzo. Disconnected/broken webpage. How long has this been going on. Are they out of business?

just look at their customer ratings.... http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Keenzo_Electronics

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #20 of 21
Apr 25, 2011 at 2:25 PM Post #21 of 21
Thought I would chime in since I, unfortunately, am experiencing issues with my CK10 and haven't found any straight forward info on AT's repair service. The right-side lowend armature is slight buzzing on certain low-mid frequencies, which in the 1yr of ownership it never has had before (bought it second hand from a HFer). I called the cust. svcs number and left a message and was promptly called back in about 15mins. Unfortunately it seems that the problem will cost either $80/hr for labor plus the cost of a filter kit ($?) or $215 plus shipping for a new set (most likely a NOS ATH-CK10). Not horrible news, but not great either since I cannot afford either option at the moment :/   So if any HFers have a similar issue with your CK10s...at least you know what to expect in advance assuming you are out of warranty - like me :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back