My AKG K-1000 is killing me.
Oct 6, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #16 of 33
Even with adjusting the pads I find going through much more than one album without taking a break gets unbearable.

For longer listening sessions, while working or something, I would use a different pair of headphones (Stax makes a couple very comfortable models!), but for close, critical listening the K1000 is perfect.

but basically, no real advice. Another method I have used to to alternate between two spots on my head... 50 minutes or so with them in a slightly forward position of resting on/digging into my skull, then push them back a bit to let the other spots on my head get a break... not sure how to word this more clearly.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #17 of 33
Whoops I should've replied to this sooner.

I never noticed the pain last time when I first got them because I had really long hair. So I'll wait for it to grow out.

Uncle Erik I like that suggestion and I may go with it. Athletic headband eh. Good idea.

about the bending of the red bands. I have fragile hands and I doubt I'd be able to muster the courage to bend anything on these headphones.

The Actual Don't you find it that if you do that, it's a bit difficult to actually enjoy the music? Perhaps you find more enjoyment from a comfy pair (for me, the Sennheiser HD600). What use is the K1000 then when you're more worried about comfort?
frown.gif

smeggy
krmathis thanks for the suggestion on the temple pads, a bit radical and would possibly affect resale value. Would be the last resort if all else fails.

Now, off to Lillywhites for a headband.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smeggy
krmathis thanks for the suggestion on the temple pads, a bit radical and would possibly affect resale value. Would be the last resort if all else fails.

Stretching the headband is a bit radical, and would possibly affect the resale value negatively. Adding new temple pads would possibly affect the resale value as well, but so in a positive way.

Side note. I just ordered 8 replacement pads (2 sets) for the K1000.
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:25 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stretching the headband is a bit radical, and would possibly affect the resale value negatively. Adding new temple pads would possibly affect the resale value as well, but so in a positive way.

Side note. I just ordered 8 replacement pads (2 sets) for the K1000.
bigsmile_face.gif

Aren't each temple pad $40 each?

Oct 20, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aren't each temple pad $40 each?

My local AKG dealer quoted me NOK 100, Plus VAT for each. So less than half of what you think...

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:23 PM Post #24 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My local AKG dealer quoted me NOK 100, Plus VAT for each. So less than half of what you think...

Meh, Harman Pro NA quoted me around $25-$26 USD each when I inquired a while ago. ¬_¬

Oct 21, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, Harman Pro NA quoted me around $25-$26 USD each when I inquired a while ago. ¬_¬

Hmmm, guess something is cheaper over here then. About time!
tongue.gif

My quoted price transfers to $18-19 USD each.

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #27 of 33
i have the same problem too, maybe my head's a lil too big? lol. Are the pads glued on or something?

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofonyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would changing the temple pads help me?
Are they more comfortable, softer, or something?

Well, I thought like this.
The AKG K1000 went out of production 3 years ago, and was in production some 10 years or so prior to this. Hence there is reason to believe they have had some listening hours and that the temple pads might have lost some of its softness (they may be pushed flat). In such a case new pads would help.

Your pair might not have been used that much though...

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #30 of 33
^ Exactly!
Hence it may be well worth replacing the pads.

Mine are #105-something and the pads are all flat and don't provide much (close to none) cushion against the temple. Hence why I have a new pair, and an additional spare pair, in order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back