My 7 yr old daughter now has a favorite headphone and amp!!!
Feb 21, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by ourfpshero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my kids use my pc for their various games and such, and have gotten into the habit of putting on whatever headphones are there at the time. i generally leave out acceptable (value-wise) headphones for them to use.
well, now my 7 yr old wants to always use audio technica ath-m7pro headphones with a samson q5 amp! she doesnt know the names but describes them to me. she's pickier about the amp, and criticizes any other amp i bring out as hard to use!

so it begins...

Such young and innocent ears are usually unto something.
smily_headphones1.gif
Two cans that my 8yr old son loves, the D5000's (MarkL mod) and the ALO K702's. In fact, with the K702's, he asked me what I did to make them sound so good. The Ed8's, he didn't like at first!!!! He's liking them a lot more now. I just watch him and listen since he's a pretty unbiased reference.

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:11 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

lol -her fave music is whatever the disney machine is pushing. hannah, selena, etc!
but it is cool that she likes something i am into.

tis a shame that her ears are being wasted on generic pop.

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #33 of 52
I envy my childhood. I probably had way better hearing back then. Shame I didn't take advantage of it.

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My 7 year old daughter has a Sansa clip that i got her for Christmas along with an ipod 4g nano that a relative got her, i thought i might had bought the wrong thing. Guess where the nano sits........................... in her drawer. She said that the Sansa made her music sound better, Also gave her my RE0 because she liked how they sounded compared to my other IEM's....go figure.

That's it. I'm getting a Clip.
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #36 of 52
amazing, shes gonna follow in ur footstep and in time over take u! anyway just limit the volume, in case she goes over, bad for her age yea ;p

Feb 21, 2010 at 9:57 AM Post #37 of 52
Why did I start at 15
frown.gif
I am sure my ears are worse now
biggrin.gif
You should try and explain to her all those audiophile terms like warm sound, extended bass, tight bass, recessed mids, upfront soundstage etc
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

......she's pickier about the amp, and criticizes any other amp i bring out as hard to use! ...

What? Amps sound so alike that features make more difference than sound? Your daughter just did an unbiased DBT on amps and you should pay attention to her.

Wait, you can't. You're already infected with Head-Fi-itis
beyersmile.png

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #40 of 52
My son (9 now) has taken an interest in my hobbie for a few years now and it's great to be able to share with him. I had to make him his own Cmoy (in a mint tin with a Farrari on it). He was using Koss Portapro's but got some bloody Skullcandies at xmas because they were 'Metalica' limited Ed and had cool painting on the cups
very_evil_smiley.gif
and my world came crashing down.....

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #42 of 52
I wish I could find a girl my age that was an audiophile
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I could find a girl my age that was an audiophile
biggrin.gif

There seems to be one in the making but you're a generation ahead.
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #45 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guidostrunk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My suggestion is to find a girl who loves music as much as you and all else will follow ;D

That sounds like a plan. Maybe I will get lucky at college this fall...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back