Musiland SVDAC06
Jul 13, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #76 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you wish to connect your speakers to the output of the amp? I see two RCA jacks adjacent to the headphone jack. Or am I misunderstanding your need?

I have it set-up currently to those RCA jacks. But I'm wondering if there is a way to put the DAC into line-out mode so it uses just the DAC part of the unit.

Jul 13, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #77 of 84
Gotcha. I know the Audio gd compass has the DAC and Amp as separate units within it and can be isolated. That may be a good feature to have on the Musiland.

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #78 of 84
So where do you plug headphones in on this thing? Is it in the back?
I saw that it was on the back of the SVDAC05, so I'm guessing it's on the back of the 06 as well since I don't see anything on the front.

Is it a 1/4" or 1/8"? Looks like 1/8" on the 05 but I'm not 100% sure.

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #79 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So where do you plug headphones in on this thing? Is it in the back?
I saw that it was on the back of the SVDAC05, so I'm guessing it's on the back of the 06 as well since I don't see anything on the front.

Is it a 1/4" or 1/8"? Looks like 1/8" on the 05 but I'm not 100% sure.

1/8"

SVDAC05_Back.jpg

Jul 17, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #80 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtoreality15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, doesn't look like it. There is no analog-in on the unit. You would be better off getting a stand-alone amp, or a different DAC/AMP unit altogether like the Audio-GD Compass.

Dang you cant you it with an MP3 player, thats what I mainly wanted to use it for. I guess I need to keep searching...

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:47 PM Post #81 of 84
Question: Can you easily this DAC switch op-amps like on the Zero DAC?

Jul 17, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #82 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawai_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dang you cant you it with an MP3 player, thats what I mainly wanted to use it for. I guess I need to keep searching...

If you want to hook up your mp3 player to listen to full size headphones, just pick up a headphone amp, a dac is to "make" the music, so your mp3 player is your dac.....unless your mp3 player has a digital out, there is no use in a dac for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 23, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #83 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by miloxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Question: Can you easily this DAC switch op-amps like on the Zero DAC?

I am not 100% sure no this but from what I've read you can.

Actually, if anyone knows how to do this please post up! I am very interested in changing the opamps for giggles.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #84 of 84
I apologize I was not able to write up a review of the Pro-ject dac till now. Its been really busy but did find the time to travel to NJ today for the NJ meet. Its a wonderful experience and I got to listen to quite a few cans and setups today. Really nice. The HD800 and HF-2 were the ones i liked the most from the meet. Since I have the D7000, It reconfirmed that I had one of the best.

One of the reason I'm finding it difficult to write up a review on the Pro-ject alone is that it goes very well with my current setup that if I were to remove it, it would definitely be a negative but since I have a great amp and hp I dont think its one thing thats contributing to the over impression but the combined effect of it all. I'm very happy with my current setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back