Musiland SVDAC06
Jun 29, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #46 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by morfic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was not able to notice any change in sound over time on the USB Box.

Very curious how the USB Box compares the the m-audio transit i eneded up ordering, if i don't like it's line out, at least i then have an optical out i can use on my laptop
wink.gif

And if it's used for a dac, it's either this Musiland SVDAC06 or the Super Pro 707, both either have sockets for opamps or can easily have a socket added.

Hmm maybe I was wrong about the burn in on that particular DAC. Ya thats one of the reasons why I picked the 06. I can upgrade it in the feature. I'll let you know how it is.

Jun 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #47 of 84
Thanks guys. I'm happy with the DAC for the moment because it serves my purpose, which is audio clarity, especially since I'm listening to flac files from my comp. Personally for me, the additional options of coaxial and optical was not a requirement since I was only going to connect my desktop (USB). Strangely, my desktop has a 1/8" sized output which says digital but I could never find a cable that I could use with it. If it did work, I would have considered a dac with optical or coaxial. And in addition, I do not see myself plugging in a cd player etc to the DAC to get optical or coaxial. I use my Denon HT and Boston acoustic speakers for those purposes.

Newer models come out ever so often and whats new today will not be tomorrow. Now if it were headphones, I would have gone straight for the best I can afford and stick with it. They last for years and are a solid investment. I'm planning for the D7000 as my next purchase. Those will be worth saving up for
wink.gif

One of the big pluses for my decision on the Pro-ject usb was that it was sold by Amazon. And Amazon has a protection plan that can be bought for $10 on items less that $100. If for some reason, unless I physically damage the dac, it stops working or is fried, they would refund me 100% of the product cost. so its safe for 1 yr. Peace of mind. If the dac had failed in it basic purpose i would have returned it immediately. I have a month to ponder over it but it seems unlikely. Since this is my only DAC, ignorance is bliss.

Aiml3ss, hopefully your dac arrives this week and will give you an opportunity to write a review. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #48 of 84
Can you use the volume control for the RCA out?

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #49 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtoreality15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not sure which DAC you are referencing? The Pro-ject or Musiland?

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #51 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He must mean the Musiland, the Project has no controls, while the Musiland has the volume control for the headphone out.

I would never lower the line out of a device, that's what the pot on your amp is for
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #52 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjoseph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The SVDAC06.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #53 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by morfic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
rjospeh: aren't there some mini toslink adapters? they seem to be 1/8"

Interesting, I've never seen them before. Thanks, I'll investigate this option further.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #54 of 84
Quote:

I'll let you know as soon as the Musiland arrives!
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #55 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiml3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll let you know as soon as the Musiland arrives!
tongue_smile.gif

Great. Looking forward to the review. I think I will be purchasing this DAC very soon instead of the Moodlab Concept. Will save me lots of money... (No need for a separate attenuator? or headamp)
beerchug.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #56 of 84
Quote:

Great. Looking forward to the review. I think I will be purchasing this DAC very soon instead of the Moodlab Concept. Will save me lots of money... (No need for a separate attenuator? or headamp)
beerchug.gif

LOTS of money. Could use the extra's for upgrading phones or buying new speakers. Whatever floats your boat.
wink.gif

If my Musiland doesn't arrive this week I am going to be PISSED!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Update:

Ok so it didn't come today nor has my tracking been updated since the 26th. I highly doubt it is going to make it here this week.
mad.gif

On another note, I bought a new Canon Vixia HF200!
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #57 of 84
Alright,

The Musiland came in the mail today. Very heavy and good built quality to it.

BUT,

It came damaged and does not work properly. The power button is jammed and I cannot turn it off! Also the volume buttons are jammed so the volume is always at 30 which is the highest. I have contacted the Ebay seller and hopefully he will do an exchange.

Uh, just with my luck you know.

Here are the pics:

dsc04309o.jpg

Looks fine and dandy here except for the minor scratch on the top left.

dsc04310g.jpg

Oh crap! The power button is jammed!
frown.gif

Jul 1, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #58 of 84
I would say that's beyond a minor scratch...then again I'm pretty OCD about stuff like that haha. Damn, that sucks that you got a very abused and damaged unit. I'm sure the wsz0304 will do an exchange without my hassle. Good luck!

I will most likely order mine this week.

Jul 1, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #59 of 84
Quote:

I would say that's beyond a minor scratch...then again I'm pretty OCD about stuff like that haha. Damn, that sucks that you got a very abused and damaged unit. I'm sure the wsz0304 will do an exchange without my hassle. Good luck!

I will most likely order mine this week.

Well, I emailed him and he said to first take off the front panel which I did. I found out that all the buttons work perfectly, as with the unit. (SOUNDS AMAZING! The clarity of each instrument is so strong now. I'm lovin it so far).

He told me that he would ship out a new face plate for me which would make the unit perfectly cosmetic.

I'll let you know how it ends up.

Gotta get back to the music.

UPDATE:

As of right now, the Musiland kicks some serious ass. The clarity, the increase in bass and the immense soundstage have really shocked my AD700 to life. I didn't think that the soundstage could improve but damn did it ever. The biggest suprise from this unit is that the siblance that I had on certain songs seems to be a lot mellower or even gone. Its amazing.

I will have a full detailed review sometime next week or so. I leave for a trip on saturday so I don't have enough time to test it out. But as of right now, the Musiland SVDAC06 is HIGHLY recommended.

Jul 1, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #60 of 84
Wow, great service from the seller. I couldn't wait and just ordered mine.
beyersmile.png
Hopefully it will be here by the end of next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back